Notices

Still got an ear infection. Mother won’t talk to me

Old 08-15-2019, 07:11 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Thanks Missy for your support and encouragement. You are right. We could keep arguing. That’s why I am going back to keeping my my big mouth shut. Especially when I am so tired.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:05 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

The really important thing now is for you to take action Sweeti - even if you're tired.

The decisions you take now may save your life, or at the very least stop things from getting worse healthwise.

Not all alcoholics die young, My grandfather was 96 - he stopped drinking due to alzheimers/wet brain and being put in a home.

It wasn't a good last few decades for him.

Going to AA Sunday would be good. Doing something today for your recovery might be even better?

D
Old 08-15-2019, 08:39 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

You’re right Dee. I still put housecleaning first when I should be working on recovery. My health is not good neurological. My dad is going psychotic looking after my mother who has taken a turn for the worse. It’s hard to know what I can today for my recovery. Everyone at online Aa is in bed inUS. I feel brain dead. Maybe a short rest will help as I am not convinced that bang on the head didn’t do anything. Thanks for your support as always.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:20 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I hope the "bang on the head" wasn't a seizure, Sweeti. If it was a seizure, head injuries are common, as well as feeling horrible for several days afterward.
Best of luck to you.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:33 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
It’s hard to know what I can today for my recovery.
Sweeti,

That's great that you're on three days! One thing you can do is post around and encourage people who have fewer days than you. Or who are in their first month. Think of that. Someone else is on day one and your encouragement could help them. Sometimes that would help get me out of my head, help me stay on track, and hopefully help someone else, too.

Stay on here all night if you need to. There are plenty of threads to post on.

And please reach out if you find yourself even remotely contemplating buying alcohol. Stay focused.

You can do this.

PS I'm so sorry about your mom. That must be so hard. Please feel free to reach out if the emotions get overwhelming. You might want to drink to numb any difficult feelings, but if you do, you're only postponing the feelings. It's better to connect with people than drink. We're here to help.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:56 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

I just collapsed again or lost my balance walking down two steps to the dryer. Luckily I hadn’t been drinking and used the car tyre and rubbish bin to. Pull. Myself up to my feet. There is cardboard on the garage floor which really helped.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:13 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Sweeti, I think you need to go to the ER . Please.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:34 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Scary stuff! I'd call an ambulance and be 100% honest with the doctors. Get the help you need.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:42 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Please call an ambulance and also mention the recent ear infection, because inner ear/balance. I hope you get the help you need.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:04 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I will wait for the after hours home doctor who can access the medical file from my gp and report back to him. I am okay just scraped elbows. Bit frightened though.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:43 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Does anyone check on you to see if you're ok? X
Old 08-16-2019, 03:19 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
I am okay just scraped elbows.
good. that means theres absolutely no excuses why you cant read the bb today,correct?
pretty sad readibg all of the excuses why everything to be accountable for recovery cant be acted on.
many people excuse themselves right into the grave.
do you want to follow in those footsteps?

ya know sweeti, ya mention a whole lot lf drama and chaos and even with the drinkjng, ya dont ask for suggestions on how to deal with any of it.
that says a LOT.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:41 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

No not since my ex died
Old 08-16-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweeti, read something inspirational today. Go to a library or find something online. Inspire yourself.

I'm wondering if you're having seizures and that's why you're falling. Please go to an ER and don't wait for your after-hours doctor or for anything else. Let us know how you're doing.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Today is day. 4. The after hours doctor d is agreed and thinks I have mild concussion. Also the peripheral neuropathy is making me dizzy along with too much Valium. I am just so tired. Thank you all for caring.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:58 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

and what did the doctor say you should DO now?
please stop taking so much Valium. you are just replacing the over consumption of alcohol and it is just as deadly.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:59 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

SC

Valium and concussions aren't a good combination. Just fyi.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:00 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Be careful sweeti. Do you have anyone that you are in contact with that can check on you? What about your aunt?
Old 08-16-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
and what did the doctor say you should DO now?
please stop taking so much Valium. you are just replacing the over consumption of alcohol and it is just as deadly.
I’m going off the Valium. Just to take it easy.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Can I ask where you are getting all the Valium sweeti? Especially “too much” of it as you state? It’s basically alcohol in pill form to an alcoholic, only stronger. If it’s your after hours doc prescribing it you need a different doctor, plain and simple.

You know all of this of course, you have been told countless times by us and likely your doctor. You’ve also had many serious health issues as a direct result of drinking alcohol. Your doctors have told you point blank that you will likely die if your don’t stop drinking. So while your your latest fall and concussion is alarming, it’s not a surprise.

What do you think it might take for you to make the choice to really quit drinking for good? You said that after this latest episode, but if you are honest with yourself you’ve said the same thing many times after other episodes too.

Bottom line we want to help, but you aren’t giving us many options to do so.