Notices

You CAN do it I am proof of that

Old 07-23-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You CAN do it I am proof of that

This is going to be a long one so my apologies before I start. I began drinking at a very very early age probably 13 or so. I was drinking a nagen of vodka on the weekends. Then come summer time I was drinking every day. It's only now looking back on it I can see I was always an addict. I was never able to stop at just the one. I needed to drink as much as my body would allow me to. I left school with good grades and then I had my son so any hope of working was out the window. My relationship for many years was not good because my partner is also an addict but not alcohol. In 2013 my partner was sent to prison for two years and my life basically spiralled out of control. I was drinking every night. This continues up until July 2017 when I got a job. I could only drink on weekends then. Sometime in 2018 I began getting pains in my liver area the day after drinking. I had full bloods done and my alt was high but nothing to worry about they said. I then had a liver ultrasound which also came back perfect. At this point I was convinced I had at least alcoholic hepatitis. Slowly but surely I cut down. Until I completely stopped. Right now I am alcohol free. I do not drink alcohol and have no urge to do so. Occasionally a voice in my head will say oh just have one but I don't listen. It will kill me eventually and I'm not ready to go just yet. I can honestly say I am the happiest I have ever been. I am on anti depressants which I'm sure help my mood but I am genuinely happy with my life. I have the best job ever. I have just bought my own first home. I'm sober and my partner is clean and he is amazing. He has been clean for 3years now and I know he will never go back to that life he has too much to lose. But we have a good life. We are stable. Out kids are happy. We are financially doing very well. I'm off on holidays on Thursday for 3 weeks were I am going to give my parents and children a big surprise. Our little family of four will soon be five. God has truly blessed us and I am so greatful for this second chance. I just wanted to let everyone know it is possible. Was it easy. Hell no. It was the hardest thing iv ever done. And it's still a daily battle because I am an alcoholic. There's no doubt about that. But only I can control what I put into my body. I cannot and will not put poison inside me ever again. I have an incurable bladder condition now caused by alcohol misuse and i'v to go into the hospital and get a catheter inside me every second Friday with a solution that burns like hell. Don't do it to your bodies people. Only you can control the outcome. I am going to beat this beast. I hope everyone is well xx
Old 07-23-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One day at a time! Keep going.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's a choice. Choose a better life.

Do you want an addiction – a lifelong diagnosis – or do you want to see yourself as having a habit that you can solve completely?

Book: The Freedom Model for Addictions: Escape the Treatment and Recovery Trap Kindle Edition by Steven Slate

Last edited by Dee74; 07-23-2019 at 08:36 PM. Reason: no commercial links please.