Notices

Timing

Old 07-21-2019, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Timing

It’s a good time to be sober. I know that many will say any time is a good time to be sober. I agree. Still, it seems to me that currently there is a world wide movement away from the drinking culture and moving towards a healthy, fit and natural way of life.

I think of the TV series “Mad Men” set in the sixties where drinking and smoking were as much part of life as breathing. Even for me I can see how the circles I move in have changed the attitude towards drinking. It just is not (I hate the word) cool anymore. Many people in our society now do not drink alcohol simply by choice. They have never had an alcohol problem but have made a life style choice. A bit like choosing veganism or eating only organic.

It is rather lucky for me that just at this time when I called it a day regarding booze it is now the “in” thing to do.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whats trippy is I didnt pick the time the time was chosen for me. (Higher power) keep coming back. 78 days
Old 07-21-2019, 02:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is true. I meet a lot of people who just don’t drink. My friend’s two children - ages 32 and 26 - just don’t drink.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

True indeed. I have seen, heard, and read about this. Its a great trend.