Notices

Day 3

Old 07-19-2019, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

So yesterday I went to work (day 2), and it was surprisingly productive and everyone was lovely. Even managed to do a full day and hit the targets that I had set myself in the morning. I had to go to the post office (which is in a newsagent type shop) and all I could see bottles of drink - on offer too! I stared at them hard, I mean really hard. Then walked to the post office counter. I don't know what made me move forward but grateful that I did ad carried on with the rest of work. When I got home I changed into my 'slob' clothes wanting to crawl into bed and just sleep. Instead I came here and looked through some posts. An hour later I felt the need to be productive, so decided to cook. I made a veg curry which everyone loved - yay me!
Today - day 3 - I am going shopping for more supplies.
My sober app still only says I am on day 2, but it's day 3 free
I am grateful to you all for being here
Old 07-20-2019, 12:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good job! I just got to day 3 too, felt a bit of fatigue and depression, but i think that depression is just my circumstance not withdrawal who knows tho. I went to the store and was going to leave and realized it was the liquor aisle so i turned around and took a different aisle to checkout. Looking forward to feeling even better day 3. WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 07-20-2019, 12:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi magnum102, well done on day 3 too!
Yes, it's noticing what is real (like circumstances) that is important... so I hope you have help for your depression?
I really enjoyed my coffee this morning, just for being coffee and not something that I thought would sober me up.
3. Is a great feeling!
Old 07-20-2019, 12:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome job!

I'm also going on day 3 this early morning. I don't feel that great physically either. I actually went to be evaluated today and the counselor told me the withdrawal symptoms and they made me so nervous my anxiety was through the roof, blood pressure up but I was able to calm myself down and watch something funny and have hot tea. So strange, my anxiety seems to be manifesting as a hot flushing going up to my face and head, which is new. I hate it and will try to sleep tonight and have a good birthday tomorrow.

I can't wait to get farther along this hard journey, but we CAN do this guys!
Old 07-20-2019, 12:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Niclin, everyone here has always said 'be kind to yourself'... it's true and works.
Shower (the sweats off, I have them too), eat, sleep. Repeat.
I am also listening to 'mood' music on YT, calming stuff to help me
This morning is classical to get me going
Old 07-20-2019, 12:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nightshade131 View Post
Hi magnum102, well done on day 3 too!
Yes, it's noticing what is real (like circumstances) that is important... so I hope you have help for your depression?
I really enjoyed my coffee this morning, just for being coffee and not something that I thought would sober me up.
3. Is a great feeling!
it's just dealing with the stupid stuff i did during my like 10 day binge. gf of 3 years cheated and I was drinking a fifth of vodka a day. I lost my Iphone X (no insurance), spent all my money, which wasn't much and walked out on my job like an idiot. I'm not always depressed it just feels like a lot I have to deal with. Not trying to hijack your thread sorry
Old 07-20-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day three is better than day 2. Before you know it you be at day 77 like me and so on. Keep coming back
Old 07-20-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No problems, magnum. Vodka was my poison and I walked out on my job too...
It happens
Chin up mate, and push through. Today WILL be better than yesterday
Old 07-20-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks SoberRican, I am going to cook a fish curry tonight (since last nights one was considered good!) x
Old 07-20-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done on day 3 nightshade and going to work, i know what a challenge it can be, im day 4, withdrawals have been hellish this time but lets keep going we are getting there.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good stuff!