SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feeling good (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/440374-feeling-good.html)

Doris47 07-18-2019 08:08 AM

Feeling good

I'm now into week 3 of getting back on track, week 2 of new meds. I don't want to temp fate, but I'm feeling really good. Everything is slotting into place nicely.
It's been good to be off work, I've been pottering about, eating well, falling asleep a lot, but it's all part of the process. I have zero negative thoughts, I haven't the shouting in my head, I've been really calm, no pacing. I no longer dread waking up the next day with thoughts of how my moods going to be. I'm definitely levelling out. I feel like I'm the person I should be. I was concerned about new meds in case they left me feeling nothing or being a zombie. I have no worries now, I'm still able to laugh and cry and feel. Best of all I haven't the need to get smashed to block out my crazy thinking.
In fact I really do believe that I'm gonna win this battle. Time will tell, but for now I'm good,, content, strong and positive.
Much love as always
Doris xx

desertkid 07-18-2019 08:45 AM

So happy for you that things are going well.

Misssy2 07-18-2019 09:04 AM

Hi..I am also going past week 3...we are close...My meds are NOT leveling out but I feel a hell of a lot better than I did 24-25 days ago......Nice to meet you...good job!

SoberRican 07-18-2019 09:14 AM

Thanks for sharing. This site is what its all about. Sharing the words of encouragement. The yes we can do this mentality. Snubbing our nose at booze. We can have victory all of us. Keep coming back.

Doris47 07-18-2019 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Misssy2 (Post 7229198)
Hi..I am also going past week 3...we are close...My meds are NOT leveling out but I feel a hell of a lot better than I did 24-25 days ago......Nice to meet you...good job!

Good to meet you as well missy. Let's do this 😃

Snowydelrico 07-18-2019 10:36 AM

Sounds promising Doris.
:)

Doris47 07-18-2019 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7229295)
Sounds promising Doris.
:)

Hey snowy , yeah it does. I'm really chuffed at being able to move forwards. Anyway how's you me ole china?
When do you move in t o your bachelor pad , Hope your ok 😃

Dee74 07-18-2019 05:34 PM

a great update Doris - congrats :)

D

Snowydelrico 07-18-2019 10:43 PM

Morning hope your head is in for a nice cruise today.
Steady away, no bother, no fuss.

My ex is slowing things down and being difficult, name calling, screaming etc.
Expecting me to pay all the bills while she sits on her bum taking her time while I organise everything else around her.
She can’t go back to mediation till September because, because, because.
General procrastination.

Good thing is that my place in the new pad is secure and I can move in when things are sorted. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
None of the progress I have made would have been possible if I was still drinking.
Plus I can give myself a self improvement point for not being scared of her anymore.

Here’s to knocking on steady.:duck

Doris47 07-19-2019 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7229706)
Morning hope your head is in for a nice cruise today.
Steady away, no bother, no fuss.

My ex is slowing things down and being difficult, name calling, screaming etc.
Expecting me to pay all the bills while she sits on her bum taking her time while I organise everything else around her.
She can’t go back to mediation till September because, because, because.
General procrastination.

Good thing is that my place in the new pad is secure and I can move in when things are sorted. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
None of the progress I have made would have been possible if I was still drinking.
Plus I can give myself a self improvement point for not being scared of her anymore.

Here’s to knocking on steady.:duck

Good for you snowy, it's amazing what we can achieve sober/straight..
I'm pleased things are working out and you have a place sorted out. Break ups are tough I know, but the dust soon settles mate.
Onwards an upwards buttercup lol 😃 have a good day.x