Notices

**Day 250 and on holidays**

Old 07-15-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

**Day 250 and on holidays**

Day 250 AF and currently on a month long holiday in my apartment near the greek islands.
Another first on my recovery journey, spending time in my holiday apartment and sober!!
Initially it was a strange feeling. Bombarded by cab driver from airport asking if we needed a whiskey/beer stop. No thanks. Arrived at the apartment. Caretaker “ do you need any alcohol”. No thanks. So been here a week now and settled in and remained sober. Geez its nice. Going to bed at a civilized hour and waking up at sunrise hangover free. Bliss. The ability to enjoy the sun sea and life sober is priceless.
Today I received my blood test results by email from my GP. My (liver) GGT AST and ALT levels all very low levels some down from 160-180 to 17= healthy liver!!!! Being over 8 months sober and your body is thanking you. I feel and look like a healthy human again. My scales are down to a level lower than when I started drinking 3 decades ago.
I think I will keep on going as its too good to give up. What on earth could drinking possibly add? Nothing..
🙏❤️
Old 07-15-2019, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your continuing sobriety! Enjoy your holidays!
Old 07-15-2019, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope you will keepa go.

The thing is, altho we can control the first drink, once we drink we cannot control it. We get over confident because we can stop and think that correlates to increased control when we do drink. But not true. One sip and the rest is out of our control.

At least that has been my experience.

You seem to have found a good place, I would maintain that (note to self to do the same always).

Greek islands sound amazing. Where are you?
Old 07-15-2019, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have NO intention to drink. I want sobriety more than drinking. I nurture it and take it a day at the time. I am thankful for each day and work on my recovery every day. I have a supportive partner and friends who I am very open to about my history with various substances alcohol being the main drug of choice. I embrace the opportunities sobriety has given me. Yes life is different and I dont miss the old life at all. What waiting for the liquor store to open. Life has much more to offer.