Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Proud to be Sober? Dying for the next drink? Weekenders 11 July - 15 July 2019

Notices

Proud to be Sober? Dying for the next drink? Weekenders 11 July - 15 July 2019

Old 07-17-2019, 10:34 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Those poor gorillas. I really struggle with thoughts animals suffering in any shape or form. They are so innocent, and in a captive situation totally reliant on us humans for their well being and comfort. Breaks my heart. I hope the Zoo comes up with some sort of solution.

A while ago I was looking after an elderly gentleman with dementia. The house next door decided to demolish and rebuild. It almost drove the poor man mad with the noise and confusion. Every new day I had to explain what was going on and why as he had forgotten. His brain couldn't retain the information so had to relive the disruption as a new thing on a daily basis. Very sad.

These two situations aren't all that dissimilar.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:46 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, that’s so sad, I really feel for the man with dementia.
I struggle too with any cruelty. I don’t watch nature programmes now as they delight in showing us the animals hunting, catching and killing their prey. I know it happens but not on my tv.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:59 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hello lovely weekenders. Not read the thread so apologies for not being up to speed on events but hope everyone is winning the battle ��

Max Kitten and Alfie Cat are getting along well, they snuggle together at night and play and so far no problems whatsoever which is a huge relief.

I handed in my notice at the job, it has served me over the last 5.5 months but it is no longer serving me and is not a positive influence on my life. Lots of egos, shockingly bad and unprofessional behaviour, everyone is really unhappy and oppressed and it’s just generally an environment and culture that is leaching off my soul. So going to be looking for something more suited to me.

Anyhow, have a happy sober day today folks xx
Old 07-18-2019, 12:33 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi MantaLady, so pleased Max and Alfie are getting along, I wondered how it was going. Good for you handing your notice in. It’s no good working somewhere that makes you unhappy or unsettled. A new job will be just around the corner.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:54 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread starts here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ly-2019-a.html (When it’s so bad only a drink will do-what can I do? Weekenders 19 - 22 July 2019)