Notices

Enjoyable Things

Old 07-12-2019, 06:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

every single thing is enjoyable to me not drinking..

But I think I would say #1...driving my car without worrying about getting a DUI.

I don't know how I've never gotten one drinking and driving for over 28 years.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abgator View Post
Then she wasn't training with professionals. It's always said that you should train/spar, be it boxing, jujitsu, whatever, with a person much better than you because they are both good and smart enough to teach you without getting hurt and having their ego triggered.

But I'll also say that I know or have known A LOT of people who train or teach kick boxing and various forms of martial arts and I've never once heard of it ending in a fight. It's as much about respect and discipline as learning how to fight or defend yourself.
Well I think these were all the same girls trained for six weeks or so, no previous experience. I did wonder because I know boxing is hell of a lot technique rather than strength. I did tell her to look at Muhamid Ali, which in hindsight might have been a mistake from you tube comments. Apparently no one should try to copy him because he was a God in the ring, never defended because he had the reaction of a panther.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapph21 View Post

What a great, optimistic thread! I’m replying just so I can have quick access to a list of things I love, to remind myself yet again why I don’t need to pick up when the wave starts rolling!
I love...
walking or jogging in the woods
quiet time with my berner
painting, sewing
hot coffee
being clear of mind and more emotionally level (it’s not getting old
loving healthy food again (feels like I haven’t touched it in years)
and believe it or not...I’m really enjoying AA meetings this time around (I’ve finally found the right ones for me...I tried years ago and hated it, but they were just the wrong meetings at the wrong time, I guess). I’ve finally given myself permission to just sit, feel safe and relax with like minded people supporting one another.
have an enjoyable day everyone!

ETA: I’m also enjoying that new thing...I think it’s called “hope”
sapph21 I like your list, it has a few of my favorites. I love my Berner he is so soft and such a sweetie. I love to sew and knit. Taking walks outside in the woods is so peaceful. Being near water soothes me, I love the sound. Sanding floors, fixing plaster and scraping wallpaper, weeding, shoveling rocks all help squelch my anger
Old 07-13-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Playing golf without a hangover. I got so used to hangover golf that I didn’t realise there was actually another way. Looking forward to the game and not the 19th hole. This is so good.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

24 Violets- yes, aren’t our Berners the best to hang out with?! My girlie is almost 10, so most of our adventures are listless walks in the woods these days. I’d had dogs before, but nothing like this one..she’s really a family member and special for sure!
Hope you have a great weekend!