Notices

Good morning day 6

Old 07-09-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good morning day 6

Good Morning everyone! I meant to post last night, but ended up falling asleep on the couch watching the Bachelorette (don't judge!). I had a good day yesterday! Between the AV taking a back seat, and getting to chat with my Son, it was a good one. This morning the craves were REALLY bad, but changed my morning routine a little, and that helped. So did taking my pup on an early walk again. Pancakes didn't hurt either! Like I've said before, mornings are the worst...but getting thru it minute by minute. Feeling pretty good about it all still...I've got this! Have a happy, SOBER day Y'all!
Old 07-09-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have morning anxiety, and it really hasn't gone away with sober time.

I have learned to make a good routine for the mornings so I can't let my thoughts get away from me. Wash face, make the bed, make coffee, log on SR and another site I am on. Maybe do some exercises while the coffee brews if my anxiety is bad.

A few squats, running in place, pushups, jumping jacks banishes the nervous morning energy. Just two minutes worth works every time. Then breakfast, dishes, any other chores that are on my list, shower, dress, walk.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning . good job. You can do this. Heck you are doing it. One day at a time.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If I can get to about 11 or 12, I'm good..the cravings just go away. But the morning...ugh. I'm adding and taking away things to make my brain think about new things. Something as little as giving my pup an extra treat helped. Watered my plants, started next weeks grocery list, whatever it is, but DIFFERENT, works for me...at least so far!
Old 07-09-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job on 6 braebear!!

I'm one for the morning routine too. My first AA sponsor started me on it, and ever since around 100 days I have read the same BB pages (recently adjusting that a little as my book foundation is strong) as well as 5 other things I do. Waking up as early as needed before I need to be/do something has been so important. Coffee and no noise go along with that- my husband handles the dogs- then we have some time together before he goes to work.

Keep it up!
Old 07-09-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by braebear View Post
Good Morning everyone! I meant to post last night, but ended up falling asleep on the couch watching the Bachelorette (don't judge!).
I LOVE trash reality TV - it is my guilty pleasure for sure! I don't have cable so I've never watched Bachelorette, but I know it would be right up my alley! Any other reality TV shows you watch? CBS has a new show "Love Island" getting ready to come out that I can't wait for.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Slay! Bachelorette is on ABC! And yes, Love Island is on my list!!! Very similar to Bachelor & Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise is coming soon! Love this stuff...
Old 07-09-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi BB! Thanks for posting and being honest about your morning routines (old and new ) morning is also my hardest point in the day as well (same reasons as you I suspect). It was immediately the hardest thing to change in my routine as it was such a trigger point to me (I’d hardly ever drink in the evenings), and I’m about the same point as you in sobriety atm, so I look forward to hearing more tips on how to change things up!

So far, I’ve mostly been back to enjoying my coffee, jogging or walking the dog in the woods, taking some quiet time when the family goes off to school/ work to do some AA reading and actual work (self employed). It’s becoming nice now that I’m a week into it, the morning cravings are fading a bit and it’s nice to face the day clear headed and fresh with some energy for a change. If I’m cranky, at least I’m cranky bec I’m not a morning person, and not because of the drinking!
Old 07-09-2019, 12:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats Braebear! Keep on pushing. It gets easier. I also found that sticking to a rigid schedule for the first months really helped, and I still do it today since I work so much and it's good to have structure. Replacing drink triggers with good things like walking and otherwise is great too. Glad you made it to day six! One more day and you'll have a week.

I also love guilty pleasure TV, but mine is pro wrestling - mostly WWE. There's a couple other promotions I check out but that's the biggest one. Idk, there's something about buff, shirtless men throwing each other around
Old 07-09-2019, 12:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

^^^^dpac! I would die if that was my husband's guilty pleasure. It took me more than a yr actually living together (so 2 together or so) before I realized that he likes "reality" shows- as in icebergs melting or the wonders of some nature thing- as much as he does the stuff we watch together. Like political dramas and mob or drug stuff....which apparently are more my taste
Old 07-09-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done on day 6 braebear

D