Notices

Ketogenic diet was a game changer for me.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks SuficintCrisns

Old 10-18-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I couldn't agree more, stopping sugar and carbs has been a game-changer for me. I am in no way trying to promote a diet here, but I will say that I am following the bright-line diet, and the book was an interesting read about how things like alcohol and sugar and flour slide your dopamine processors and how abstinence will help them heal and fire off normally. It is definitely an interesting resource for anyone who is interested in how our brain is affected by what we consume.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:16 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

PS, after quitting flour and sugar in January and quitting alcohol in February, I've lost 71 lb. It is the best reward for all of the hard work. And I have never felt better... I had forgotten what it felt like to feel good and to be proud of myself for something.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Keto helped me during my first month of sobriety. BC of this thread, I tried it out and found that I did not have any alcohol cravings, had something other than being newly sober to focus on and I lost a good amount of weight.

Only downside was that I was an "unhealthy keto" and my cholesterol jumped into the 300's, but that is my doing. So if you're interested, do it the healthy way with good fats.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lipstuck View Post
PS, after quitting flour and sugar in January and quitting alcohol in February, I've lost 71 lb. It is the best reward for all of the hard work. And I have never felt better... I had forgotten what it felt like to feel good and to be proud of myself for something.

Omg Lipstuck 71 lbs. You're awesome.
Congratulations, what an achievement xxx

Niclin i have very high cholesterol , maybe Keyo isn't 4 me then, i wonder.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I was/am totally addicted to sugar. I have been eating a keto type diet for 3.5 weeks and have lost 13 lbs. I do slightly worry about the amount of fat I am eating as it goes against everything we have been led to believe. I also fear that if I start eating normally again I will gain the lost weight and more.

I am finding it reasonably easy but sometimes I crave ice cream, chocolate or even a piece of toast! Plus I noticed my mood took a dip in the first couple of weeks which triggered alcohol cravings.

Overall in my humble opinion it is worth a try.