Notices

Feel awful I want to drink

Old 07-06-2019, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Feel awful I want to drink

Feeling awful disconnected fed up apart from real life. Trying to keep busy mind in overdrive going over and over crap. What’s the point I feel so messed up
Old 07-06-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not sure how much sober time you have eve, but I know once I had some solid time under my belt, things were clearer. Once my mind was clear, I was able to process all of life's challenges and reflect rationally. Helped me find some purpose and look forward to the outcomes.
Try to find ways to quiet your mind. Take on a project, or do a puzzle that requires your focus, play a game, Give your brain a break.
You know drinking just sets us back again. Happened to me recently. Now I've got to do the work to get back some of that peace.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Eve, can you take a break and go for a walk or do something involving nature? I find it really helps to ground me when I'm outside and enjoying nature.

You can get through this.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello. Thats the stinky thinking . put a kabash on it. Take a walk get some fresh air. Boozing is definitely not going to help you it's going to start your vicious cycle all over again they suck
Old 07-06-2019, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Drinking won't help. Try something different, anything other than a substance.

You have more strength than you think.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

our choice is between ...

miserable unhappy drunken drinking and all the pain and consequences associated with this disease

or

not taking 1 drink

we cant get drunk if we dont take the 1st drink

its the 1st drink that gets us drunk not the 10th

Old 07-06-2019, 11:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You will feel worse, dig yourself into an even deeper hole. It’s so hard to stay sober when we already feel broken. It’s getting through these first days, hours that is so tough then we feel better than ever and start to rebuild. I’d say the first 10 days, 240 hours, we break through. Each passing second we are closer to a better life no matter how bad it seems. You are not alone in this. I’m here suffering with you.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Thank you for responding. It’s insane that I even want to drink all the trouble it has caused me. It’s passed a bit now but still there. Yes it’s always the first that leads to more that leads to misery knowing that should be enough!! Been in a cycle for so long three weeks this time and it’s bk. it will pass but I’m so tired of these times were I have to sit through all this. Thabks again I really appreciate your taking time to be there for me
Old 07-06-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The problem with taking a drink when you feel like crap is putting alcohol in your system will make you want to take more and more drinks. And no number of drinks will work. You're far better off just not taking any drinks and allowing the nice people here to talk you through the cravings.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I started back three weeks ago and it is impossible to believe how bad things got so fast. I’m back in this, on day two and too ashamed to get out of bed much. My mind is racing and I feel so depressed and anxious but I’m going to fight and get back to normal. My dog nearly died because I was irresponsible within the first three days. That’s just the start of it. It was downhill from there. So much shame and guilt but today I say no more. Not today satan.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Eve please don't do it. On the 10th of this month I'll be 9 years sober and guess what, I feel disconnected from reality more often than not. Substance abuse was the biggest problem I had and I defeated it and so can you. Rootin for ya. :Egypt:
Old 07-06-2019, 12:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Unfortunately you have to fight it out. No easy way, no shortcuts. Best wishes.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
I started back three weeks ago and it is impossible to believe how bad things got so fast. I’m back in this, on day two and too ashamed to get out of bed much. My mind is racing and I feel so depressed and anxious but I’m going to fight and get back to normal. My dog nearly died because I was irresponsible within the first three days. That’s just the start of it. It was downhill from there. So much shame and guilt but today I say no more. Not today satan.
Alcohol acts instantly on brain chemistry and everything. It's literally an instant change of everything for alcoholics.

That's why it's so dangerous; it can give a false sense of reality. It's so very scary and it hurts me any time I see someone suffering.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Eve there's some great advice here

Whjen I was strugglign so,etimes I would post and sometiems I would read, but I got to understanding that drinking just keeps me whjere I am, or worse - it's only sobroety that give sme the chance to change.

Hang in there - you can do this

D
Old 07-07-2019, 03:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Thank you everybody feel so much better today and I didn’t drink taking it day at time now last night was a v close call but I do know from experience that the av will calm down again in a couple of weeks just got to get through these first few weeks again. This place is great 👍
Old 07-07-2019, 04:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

great news eve

D
Old 07-07-2019, 04:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Keep it up Eve.