Notices

Ready for day 3

Old 07-06-2019, 02:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ready for day 3

Good morning! As I knew I would, was up at 2:20 am. Took a minute to fall asleep last night, but slept ok. Not so many sweats, thank goodness! Fell asleep thinking of drinking and how glorious it would be, but woke up feeling more determined than ever. Shakes are pretty much gone, and the aches have subsided, hopefully for good...that was very uncomfortable yesterday. Still feel kinda foggy. Saturday is our shopping day. The one day I was always usually sober. I look forward to this day. We do our weekly grocery shopping, hit up Costco for the samples, then maybe a few thrift stores. Hubby usually grills out something if the weather cooperates. So, today should be ok. Still wanting that drink(s), but I won't do it. Cause I want to feel good again. And not die. Sundays are a different story....always went and bought a 12 pack as soon as I could, usually while hubs was still asleep, and start drinking before 6 am. Pass out by noon, then sleep till about 9 pm. What a horrible life. BUT, I will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Told hubby to take my car keys, so I CAN'T go buy anything. Willing to do whatever I have to just to beat this beast....have a great, sober day everyone! I know I will!
Old 07-06-2019, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay well done! I hope you have a nice weekend, you won't regret remembering everything and feeling accomplished. It's weird at first when you are used to your weekend being your time to drink, but it gets easier. I love making my pot of tea and watching what I want on telly really early before I take the dog out. Make sure you eat and drink plenty as I found it really helps cravings x
Old 07-06-2019, 02:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy the day braebear

D
Old 07-06-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The grocery shopping and going to thrift stores sound like fun. I enjoy doing both of those things too.

I suggest making some fun plans for tomorrow to help keep you busy. maybe a fun series on netflix to binge watch? maybe some food prep for the week?
Old 07-06-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is a great post braebear!!!

Enjoy today- it sounds like our kind of day here. And, oddly, you mention Costco- we don't go but last night I had a dream. Some kind of weird move into a new apt and it wasn't ready- still had most of the last tenant's stuff - the part you made me think of is that he was a HUGE Costco shopper. As in, every product you can buy in bulk which is what, all? BUT. In his enormous stash of sour gummies, he didn't have the ONE version I love. I was so excited anyway .

So buy those treats if you want. And flats of non alcoholic stuff

And I'd suggest living in the plans for today. Then tomorrow. Maybe some version of a Sat repeat can be your new norm - I'd eat grill out stuff two days in a row.

Take care and keep going!!
Old 07-06-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep plugging away it gets greater later I promise
Old 07-06-2019, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job braebear--it gets better-A lot better and pretty quickly too
Old 07-06-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great post, full of honesty and positivity. I admire your honesty. Day 2 is almost down here so looking forward to making the journey with you.