Notices

I'm home

Old 07-01-2019, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Karate girl

I'm home

Thank you so much for all of the kind words and prayers! I am doing SO much better now!!!! The hospital had to give me multiple bags of IV fluids - it took them FOREVER to find a vein because I was so dehydrated. Then they had to give me two different blood pressure medications, zofran because I was dry heaving and chlorodiazepoxide (generic for Librium) for my anxiety. That last one knocked me out completely. I don't think anything could have woken me up no matter how hard they tried and I had really bizzarre dreams. I didn't wake up again until Saturday and I told them never to give me that again. They discharged me on Sunday and I stayed with my fiancee so he could watch me and take care of my kids. He had already had my kids with him since Friday - they are not his kids. Tomorrow (Tuesday) I will be on day 4 of being sober and I am doing an outpatient program that I started today. I really want to work hard at this because if I slip again I will lose my fiancee as well as probably my kids and I just can't let that happen. So, would anyone be able to recommend some books, devotionals or any additional resources I can buy on Amazon that would be helpful? Again, thank you so much for everything.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great news. Good to hear from you. There is a book section somewhere down the line on the main forum page.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

The book list is here StrengthNMe - good to have you back

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ependence.html (Books on Recovery, Spirituality & Codependence)
D
Old 07-01-2019, 08:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you are going to the book section. As a fellow mom have to say two of my faves were Mommy Doesn’t Drink Here Anymore and the Sober Diaries. May you find a book to help you keep getting through (and staying on the sober path). Sending you strength and rooting for you.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another good one, mentioned in the book list, is Caroline Knapp's Drinking, a Love Story.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back! So glad you were able to get the medical help you needed and I'm especially happy to hear you are able to get into an outpatient program to help you succeed.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're doing better!! It sounds like the hospital was the right call. Work hard and stay focused, and you can do this.

I really enjoy Recovery Elevator podcast as well as Sober Speak. The latter is all AA focused, but both are about stories of recovery.