SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Please don’t judge me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/439889-please-don-t-judge-me.html)

Mummyto2 07-01-2019 07:48 AM

Please don’t judge me

i am hopeless

Opivotal 07-01-2019 08:00 AM

We're here to lend support, not judge, Mummy. :hug:

You are not hopeless! Tweak your plan and start again. Today is a new day and a new beginning.

I know you can do this. Glad you checked in ... takes courage. I'm proud of you for reaching out.

Hawkeye13 07-01-2019 08:07 AM

No judgement here
I've relapsed plenty.

But you must make a plan if you want different results.
:grouphug:

Sweetpeacan 07-01-2019 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 (Post 7217958)
i am hopeless

Mummyto2, I don't believe that any of us is hopeless. Please try again, you are worth it, we all are. Wishing you well. SP

Atlast9999 07-01-2019 08:16 AM

You aren’t hopeless. I believe in you.

least 07-01-2019 08:31 AM

I used to feel hopeless too, but I wasn't. Try again with a different plan. You can do this! :)

NerfThis 07-01-2019 08:33 AM

You aren't hopeless. Sobriety is a challenging thing and can take many attempts for some people. The important thing is to understand where you went wrong this time and what you can do differently to avoid this happening again. You won't be judged here. We've all been there, so we no it's not easy, but you CAN do it.

August252015 07-01-2019 09:13 AM

What's going on, mummy?

Anna 07-01-2019 09:18 AM

Mummy, you are not hopeless. You can achieve sobriety. Take some time to figure out what happened that made you choose to drink. Add something to your plan so that it doesn't happen again. You can do this!

WhoDeyPI 07-01-2019 09:19 AM

Just takes some time to figure out what works for you....you'll get there!

ReadyAtLast 07-01-2019 09:30 AM

Hi mummy. What happened? It's good you're back

lessgravity 07-01-2019 09:36 AM

No judgment. But I'll say that it's not shocking to me, based on your responses in your previous threads, that you decided to drink again. I had asked if you could pinpoint what exactly led to your drinking again most recently. Instead of being specific you responded that you had gotten complacent among other things.

I think you need to deeply look at the steps that lead up to the thinkng wherein you decide that you're going to drink. Until you address specifically what it is that convinces you that you should drink, you're just going to continue to do so over and over.

You're not hopeless and you certainly have a drive to get sober. But you need to take the steps that are required in order to secure that sobriety for yourself and for your family.

Abraham 07-01-2019 09:37 AM

No one is judging you. You have been doing great. Just hang in there. Talk it out.

thomas11 07-01-2019 09:41 AM

No judgement here either, most of us have been where you are. Stick around, post often.

Hawkeye13 07-01-2019 10:11 AM

What less gravity said Mummy--you really have to dig into what's happening right before you pick up and why if you want to beat it. My "checklist" of doing five things first (which I posted on you last thread) when you feel triggered will really help too.

If you just rely on willpower, or don't work to get at the underlying causes, you get stuck in a negative pattern. It doesn't have to be like that.

Abstaining from drinking is not the same as recovery.

What other elements can you put in your sobriety plan that proactively help you to get past the negative patterns and into a positive future?

You can certainly do this, and you are in no way hopeless, but I do think you have to change your approach to be successful.

Pinky1 07-01-2019 10:14 AM

You're not hopeless mummy
Make today day 1 if you've not drank. If you have already, tip the rest, have a nice bath, watch some TV, post here and have an early night. You can do it and tomorrow is a new day
All the best ♥️

Hevyn 07-01-2019 10:15 AM

Thought I was hopeless too, turns out I wasn't. After decades of drinking I have 11 sober years - so I know you can do it, mummy.
Never going to judge. :hug:

thomas11 07-01-2019 10:43 AM

What the good people here have taught me is that not drinking and sobriety/recovery are separate from one another. I struggled with this for quite some time.

Newbeginning421 07-01-2019 10:45 AM

The only people that are hopeless are the ones who believe they are hopeless and do nothing to change you have been active and making a real effort at staying sober. You will get there keep at it!

Canuck76 07-01-2019 10:51 AM

I feel hopeless too so you're not alone!