Notices

Please don’t judge me

Old 07-01-2019, 11:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't judge you at all and you are definitely not hopeless. I thought frequently over the last months, even years, that 'hopelessness' when it came to alcohol was my Olympic sport of choice. I finally got it: things weren't going to change as a result of my sincere intentions or willpower. I have now got a plan, a very simple 4-point one, the first element of which was to sign up to SR and post something everyday. I'd been lurking on here for ages. I'm only 10 days in but I've stuck to the plan thus far and it is working. So that's my only advice, to find a plan that works for you. Bit you are absolutely not hopeless and beating yourself up shouldn't be part of the plan! Very best of luck.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Like so many others have said, there is no judgement here.

we are here to encourage and support you.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks ❤️
Old 07-01-2019, 01:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Going to trû tomz
Old 07-01-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

No judgement here either, I took 15 years to stop.

Based on my experience tho, I do think you need to look at what you're doing to stay sober, and accept it's not really working for you long term.

You need to add a little more to your plan.

I realise todays probably not the day you want to think about that, but I hope you will soon

D
Old 07-01-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh, dear Mummy! You are not hopeless, sweetie, but you are in the grip of a disease that is fatal if not treated. No one is judging you-most of us have been in the same place--trying and failing to achieve lasting sobriety. I have long lost count of the number of stops and starts to drinking that I've made over the years; it is part of this frustrating, painful malady, but you can put a stop to it. You can, I promise. It just takes hard work and an unshakable commitment to yourself and the things that matter most in your life. You can do this-you've already proven that you can, but you must never drink again. I had to accept that one more drink would lead inevitably to my death-it sounds dramatic but it is unquestionably the truth. I am rooting so hard for you; a wonderful life awaits. Have you considered rehab? I needed lots of help and a strong plan in order to get sober, and inpatient rehab was a lifesaver. Wishing you all the best; please keep posting and don't give up the ship.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

There is always hope . . . I promise!!

Many of us here on SR, felt like, you do right now, hopeless, there was no way forward, there was no future . . . but there was . . .

Dust yourself off, and settle in for the fight, you are not alone, you have a whole Forum here in your corner, it can be done, you can do this . . .

. . . and you have many friends here that have your back . . .
Old 07-01-2019, 04:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

No judgment here. Just get back at it. I’ve screwed up more times than I can count, so I get it.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Mummy, you're not hopeless. We won't let you be hopeless. You tried something that apparently didn't work, so let's try something new. I struggled for years. Then one day something clicked, and I was on my way. I've read descriptions of alcoholics that just quit one day and never looked back, but that's only how it looked to an outsider that described it. I can't believe that such alcoholics hadn't been quietly doing a lot of processing for a long time, before they supposedly "just quit." Alcoholism is a tricky thing, there are false starts, setbacks, and conflict until the "magic" happens. Don't get discouraged.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
I've read descriptions of alcoholics that just quit one day and never looked back, but that's only how it looked to an outsider that described it. I can't believe that such alcoholics hadn't been quietly doing a lot of processing for a long time, before they supposedly "just quit."
I just quit for the first time on a spur of the moment morning decision. I also have been thinking about how I need to quit, every day for the last 10 years. So I'm positive that is correct.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Mummy it took tremendous courage to come back here. I admire your honesty. When I lost it I just gave up and was afraid to come back. It took me over a year. A year and a half later, daily drinking, it was way more difficult to stop physically. I know you want to stop and I believe in you. We can do this
Old 07-01-2019, 06:58 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Mummy, we are all rootin for ya.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey not hopeless dust your knees off and start again. Like most of the folks said been there done that. . Hey you can't see what's in front of you looking in the rearview mirror
Old 07-02-2019, 12:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today mummy? Hopefully you're in day 2 now you can do this.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:29 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Morning (here) Mummy.....I hope you've been hearing us all confirm that you are not hopeless.

I'm going to gently (or a bit more directly) nudge you in all seriousness - please take to heart then put to action the wise words of less and Dee and others who are advising you to change what you are doing.

Thinking, hoping, trying- all these passive verbs, if you will, HAVE to be changed into choose, plan, do.

It's simple but not easy.

What can you DO today to take you a step closer to sobriety, not staying where you are or worse, continuing to drink?

I always want to encourage hope- but the bottom line is we don't get infinite chances to get sober. You are alive and right on the cusp of a chance- take it.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by august252015 View Post
morning (here) mummy.....i hope you've been hearing us all confirm that you are not hopeless.

I'm going to gently (or a bit more directly) nudge you in all seriousness - please take to heart then put to action the wise words of less and dee and others who are advising you to change what you are doing.

Thinking, hoping, trying- all these passive verbs, if you will, have to be changed into choose, plan, do.

It's simple but not easy.

What can you do today to take you a step closer to sobriety, not staying where you are or worse, continuing to drink?

I always want to encourage hope- but the bottom line is we don't get infinite chances to get sober. You are alive and right on the cusp of a chance- take it.
great advice!
Old 07-02-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi, Mummy. I hope that you are doing okay today. Wishing you all good things.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sending love and encouragement! You are not hopeless. I hope you can feel the love being sent your way. Lots of support here.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post

I'm going to gently (or a bit more directly) nudge you in all seriousness - please take to heart then put to action the wise words of less and Dee and others who are advising you to change what you are doing.

Thinking, hoping, trying- all these passive verbs, if you will, HAVE to be changed into choose, plan, do.

Extremely good advice here. Working on a strong plan rather than doing this all alone will make a huge difference.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

What's up Mummy? You aren't posting much--what's going on?