SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Why now anxiety back can’t cope (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/439735-why-now-anxiety-back-can-t-cope.html)

eve123 06-25-2019 06:05 AM

Why now anxiety back can’t cope

I was on a messanger chat group with other mums from kids class arranging school trip. I only know a couple of them. They were arguing etc so I kept from saying nothing no big deal. This was last night. Now today one of the mums asked if I was ok. I looked back through messages and I sent about 30 random words sentences that make no sense in a big block. !!!!! Really has triggered me as I’m really worried they think I was drunk. I wasn’t iv no idea why it did that!!!! I was starting to feel better now this I’m worried somebody will report me for being drunk. 😢😢😢😢 this is why I keep myself to myself. Yes in days gone by I used to drink text etc but I don’t know most of these women but think one or two might know my problem. I’m sorry if this is childish but my anxiety off the scale again now about it😢😢😢😢 why why I didn’t even try to comment. Had anybody had a gloch like this with messanger I feel all the shame and I want drunk and I didn’t even try to text. Never ending this worry and stress is honestly I am now thinking somebody will report me for being drunk I was in bed sober but ye I was on my phone help my head please

Atlast9999 06-25-2019 06:12 AM

Yes, my phone has done weird stuff before: send random messages, resend messages that were sent weeks or months beforehand.

I understand and feeling anxious about it but technology glitches happen and can easily be fixed with you sending a “whoops, don’t know what happened there!” message.

I doubt all all the moms think you were drinking. I used to fall into the trap of believing that everyone else was always thinking about me and that they knew all my faults. Turns out other people rarely think about me and know little about my faults.

Take some deep breaths and try to move past this situation. You can do it.

Strugglingto 06-25-2019 06:21 AM

Actual words or just gibberish? I often forget to lock my phone when I put it in my pocket and it has sent messages before. But just letters and symbols. And I just apologise and say exactly what happened. But it is never words because my pocket can't spell.

eve123 06-25-2019 06:21 AM

I know it’s my head but because of my situation I can’t afford people to even think I’m drinking my head now gone with this and I didn’t even do the deed😢 just always get myself in trouble even when I don’t try or drink now think they are gona report me to services etc and then I think I had a sober blackout or a mental block and did do it!!! I did send message saying it’s my phone but still it’s there now for all to see 😢

eve123 06-25-2019 06:44 AM

Struggling nobits words like predictive texts little sentences no my pocket doesn’t spell either but it’s just strange it’s messanger not texts feel crap now like a fool

Strugglingto 06-25-2019 07:00 AM

Maybe you left messenger open?

eve123 06-25-2019 07:28 AM

Yes I think I did now I’m mortified cos like I said it’s triggered me cos I used to drink text garbage at one time now I feel the shame and embarrassment and I didn’t even do it on purpose.

ardy 06-25-2019 07:37 AM

I really dislike spell check... ekekeke

eve123 06-25-2019 07:48 AM

Maybe you think I’m being petty or childish I’m not you know I have my reasons for this worry

Callas 06-25-2019 07:53 AM

Perhaps it would be better to phone the people and explain the mistake. Texting is a bit impersonal.

sugarbear1 06-25-2019 07:59 AM

You know you weren't drinking, that is all that matters! "What other people think of me is none of my business" is something my sponsor reminds me all of the time!

sva777 06-25-2019 10:18 AM

Drinking now won't change anything or make the mistake comments go away.

Just move on, I am sure nobody else is thinking about the text comments as much as you are. I remember when I used to overthink everything and my solution was always to drink. Turns out that it is not actually a solution.

dcg 06-25-2019 11:24 AM

Just say you don't know what happened or you left messenger open and it sent a bunch of texts from your pocket, and then leave it alone. The best thing you can do to make yourself look like you were drunken texting is to keep trying to prove you weren't drunken texting.

ReadyAtLast 06-25-2019 11:54 AM

Sure no one is even giving it a second thought. Most people are so caught up with their own lives and not in he least bit interested in what others are doing.

Maybe see your doctor for your anxiety as it does seem really high. There is nothing you can do about what happened but worrying about it will not change anything it's only making you feel worse and ill.

Consider the worse case scenario - someone reports you for what? Having your phone unlocked in your pocket? I would seriously re-consider being in any social media group with people I rarely know or think who may report me to social services. I have to keep off social media and keep a discreet distance from school mum groups as am anxious and don't like the cliquey nature and one upmanship of such groups.

I also think ringing people and texting them again and going over and over this makes you look guilty of something. Let it go.

Dee74 06-25-2019 03:23 PM

We often feel that people are going to jump to the conclusion we're drinking but the likelihood is they just thought messenger was being random Eve.

we all make mistakes too.
I've had two conversations going and mixed them up before :)

If your anxiety is really bad I agree that maybe seeing a Dr is a good idea?

D

Anna 06-25-2019 03:36 PM

Eve, I hope you accept that this was something that happened and it's over and done. It's likely no one else but you is thinking about it. Be proud of yourself and how far you've come. :)

Zanna 06-25-2019 10:41 PM

Don't drink over this Eve, because you know your brain will then decide to write some long-winded and rambling 'explanation' to them, which will definitely make you look drunk.
Ride the wave and just let it go Xx

Hope1989 06-26-2019 02:20 AM

Hey, trust me, I highly doubt someone is putting much thought on that.

If we all had to answer for all the crazy stuff that one types over the phone, or it just types itself while unblocked... oh boy.

No worries at all

ReadyAtLast 06-26-2019 03:09 AM

Hiw are you feeling today eve ?

eve123 06-26-2019 04:26 AM

Thank you all for taking time to reply to my ramblings yesterday. I dropped kid off at school today and nobody even gave me a second glance just asked me to do a job in regards to the preparation for the kids outing. I’m day 10. See for me how bad my head is for a long time after a drink. My anxiety was horrendous and I was thinking negative you are all right I’m not the centre of people’s world. I keep myself to mysel mostly but had to pitch in for the kids thing so that meant joining a committee on messanger chat. Nightmare my head is. Was that one night binge worth it NO WAY I have had the worse 10 days emotions paranoia self loathing etc I’m gona take this as a huge reminder of why I cannot drink without so much bad consequenses to my soul my life it hurts me every time now thanks all your life savers 👍👍👍