Notices

Just finished last drink ..

Old 06-23-2019, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just finished last drink ..

I am 50 yrs old and was told my liver is not well and that I am in extreme danger zone as far as my health goes. I am showing many signs of severe liver disease. I know in part of my brain that alcohol will kill me but part of my brain just can't believe that can actually happen.

I did have 3 drinks today and then I told my husband to dump the rest of the bottle before he went to bed. I just finished my last drink. I don't really have a plan other than one foot in front of the other but I do know .. I do not want to die.

I have a lot to live for and I have to believe I can do this. So here goes.

Just saying it outloud I guess so someone other than my husband knows what I am going through.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you will use the awesome support here to help you get sober for good. It's hard at first, but it gets easier and better, day by day. I've been sober over 9 yrs and never once have I woken up sober and feeling good and wished I had drank the night before. I don't miss it at all and my life is so much better sober.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm see you joined awhile ago, I'm glad you decided to post. I wish it was under better circumstances, though.
I sincerely hope it was your last drink. Please don't listen to the part of your brain that tells you dire things don't await if you don't stop drinking. That was the addict in me, too.
I quit at forty nine, and saved myself. In twelve minutes that will have been ten and a half years ago.
And I was a bad drunk for thirty five years. I truly don't know how I lived long enough to quit.

But you can do it, too. You have a lot to live for. Please do what it takes to stay sober. We're all here for you.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Please seek medical help for a safe detoxing!

I wish you well on your sober journey.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Be strong Tee68, life has so many things to enjoy sober. Its worth while to experience. Come to SR for support or any other form of help to stay sober. I wish you the best. Hope to see you post again soon.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Tee

I hard a hard time wrapping my head around the idea addiction could kill me too but it nearly did - I've lost good friends , some from this website, since then as well.

Its a serious thing - but support definitely helps make it easier and not so lonely
Old 06-23-2019, 11:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi. If you don’t mind me asking what was the liver issue and how do/did you know?
Old 06-24-2019, 10:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have pain in my kidney and liver. I often get bloating and am always covered in bruises. I am extremely itchy all over to the point that I have little scabs, scars and bruises all over from the non stop scratching. I suffer from really bad insomnia and get acid reflux that won't go away for long periods of time. My Dr diagnosed the liver disease.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Tee, so I’m in a similar situation. Did you have a diagnostic test or bloodwork to confirm? Possibly an ultrasound?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Feel free to check out our Class of June support thread Tee- it's for everyone quitting this month

All you need to do to join is post in it
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-10.html
Old 06-25-2019, 03:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tee, I know it's hard to accept that we can no longer drink, but it sounds like a time in your life when you need to make that decision. We do understand how hard this is, and you will find lots of support here.