Notices

I'm hurting 😣

Old 06-23-2019, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm hurting 😣

Since my last post I've been on a week bender. I went to the hospital yesterday and told them I don't want valuim or librium because I'm scared of being addicted. Last time I had it at rehab it felt so good. Then one day I got one from a friend and slept for 14 hours. I felt like a drug addict (I haven't even smoked weed in 17 years) Alcohol is my posion. I actually walked right out of the hospital and walked 3 miles home. My withdrawals is so bad. What happened to me?
Old 06-23-2019, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Doesn't really matter what happened, journey towards the solution. WD medicine prescribed by a professional may save your life. Have you considered returning to hospital or rehab?
Old 06-23-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

At least go back to the ER to be monitored.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Alcohol can be dangerous to stop using after long term abuse. You really should detox under supervision or instruction
Old 06-23-2019, 01:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A good rehab will monitor the amount and kind of medication they give you. You can always stop taking the medication a week or two before you leave to get it out of your system. Once your out of rehab, you don't need to take the medication. John
Old 06-23-2019, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would go back to the ER. Our ER doesn't give an unlimited supply of valium, just enough to get you through withdrawal.

What are your symptoms? You may want to drink some water after that long walk. I was dehydrated without any exercise.

Be safe!
Old 06-23-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ty guys for all your input.....no I'm so scared of drugs. I used to work at a rehab and there was people that would go in to just get it. It's a benzodiazepine so yes it's addictive.