Notices

dee you were right...

Old 06-22-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

well i got into the withdrawl managment place gotta go down today for 2:30. dont think this tapering this is gonna work, and i dont want it to work. probably stay there for around a week. they make you go to AA meetings too so will see how that goes.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Are you still drinking? Do you want to stop drinking?
Old 06-22-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Yea, you should have been done tapering by now. You dont taper all week long. Thats called drinking. Best of luck to you.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

my doc wanted 10 drinks first week, 8 second week, 6 next week, 4 next week, then 2 the last week. that was his tapering program.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I did 10 beers one day and 4 the next. After drinking a fifth a day all day everyday. I had some anxiety. No other symptoms. Carrying it out a month could never work. lol. Thats outlandish. In my opinion. I think you already sound like you know better. Some people are just not all that good at their jobs. Doctors included.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I’m glad you were able to get into that program. Looking forward to hearing how you’re doing.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:00 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
my doc wanted 10 drinks first week, 8 second week, 6 next week, 4 next week, then 2 the last week. that was his tapering program.
Tapering is not going to work by a factor of two less drinks per week in my opinion. That is a negligible difference. I have tried tapering and I tried to do it in less than a week. That still meant I had some level of withdrawal. And it didn't work with me because there temptation to sneak another shot was too great.
Knowing myself, I could never stick to your doctor's plan because cutting back by two drinks a week? The space between drinks over a month will be too long. What happens on the last week? One drink on Monday and then the second and supposedly your last on Thursday?

Last edited by Strugglingto; 06-22-2019 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Unfinished
Old 06-22-2019, 01:15 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

He said two drinks the last week, then I assume it would be quit after that. But yea, that is an impossible schedule.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
He said two drinks the last week, then I assume it would be quit after that. But yea, that is an impossible schedule.
Because it would be stop/start. You would have to skip days and then pick up a drink and to me that ain't tapering at all...
Old 06-22-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

He's already done that though so that is in the past. I think now he just drank this week and is going to a rehab place. Wise choice. And ofcourse thats not tapering. that is just not drinking for a couple days.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you. Grimes. I'm glad it worked for you to get into a place to help you through your withdrawals.

we'll look forward to hearing updates as you are able.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
well, finally got home yesterday was hoping to stay till wednesday just before my follow-up. still dont know what will happen after i tell him i changed the recovery plan.

ya back in the day my doctor was like the final week just take two drinks, im seriously telling him whats the ******* point of only taking two drinks.

went in on saturday came out on sunday afternoon. everyone was great in there no fights, a few people got kicked out for using, that last time i was there dont think anyone was booted.

first night spent 4 hours in emerg because i didnt have a withdrawl plan with my meds, that was a interesting night two guys going crazy 5 cops trying to calm them down. was cool though on of the counsellors needed money from me for the meds, i told him i only got enough for the big book, and he said thats fine we can help you with that. about an hour later walks over to me and gave me a book, just telling me to pay it forward next time.

brought a 2000 piece puzzle but there were 3 of us trying to get it together i think we only got around a 1/4 of it together brought it home and said i would text them when i finished it.

anyways thats basically been my last 2 weeks, thanks everyone.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:24 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back home Grimes.

Let us know what the Dr says - hopefully something not with the word tapering in it

D
Old 07-02-2019, 04:40 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Grimes, I'm glad you got through that. I hope you have a good talk with your doctor.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:20 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're all right let me tell you against my better judgement I went cold turkey it was horrible through the grace of my higher power I made it through it that being said I don't want to go back to that I'm on day 59 it does get better I had the same things you had the shakes sweating it was awful so now all I do is play that tape whenever I have him a slight inclination that I want to drink I don't have anymore relapse is in me so hang in there you'll be okay
Old 07-02-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sorry if it didn't make sense I'm doing voice text and I didn't do a spell check on it
Old 07-02-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

It’s great to see you back Grimes. I’m glad that was a positive experience, and hope all goes well during your appointment. Did they help you come up with a plan for after you left? If not, try to do that at your appointment this week.