Notices

Inspiration in Unexpected Places

Old 06-18-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Ebenezer Scrooge
I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
I read this quote today, but it was in a book for financial advisers written by Nick Murray (The Game of Numbers). It is a book about prospecting for clients. He uses this quote in chapter one, but suggests we modify it. He suggests we strive to honour Thanksgiving in our hearts, and to keep it all year. "Make a gratitude list," Murray encourages, "and start every day by reading it aloud to yourself."

I discovered the exceptional utility of gratitude in my quest for self-improvement several years ago, but this was a good reminder of its power. Not what I was expecting in a book about prospecting.

I might like this book more than I was expecting.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gratitude has been the biggest part of keeping me sober. I lost a lot but still had so much.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A lot of sales and business training is a lot like principals learned in sobriety. I think that is why you see so many people go on after getting sober and become very successful and people who are already very successful, already live those practices.

Personally, when it comes to prospecting leads, I prefer Voltaire's approach, throw enough crap against the wall, something will stick!
Old 11-02-2019, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

I like this topic and greatly appreciate the unexpected holiday connection!

My inspiration today is an electric Amish-made fireplace, bought used yesterday, and turning on the tv in Good Obvious Direction (God acronym), an expert home renovator was stripping and restaining a beautiful fireplace mantle with similar features. I have a new project idea for this fireplace.

Thank you for this thread.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
waking down

"Every day is Thanksgiving!" -**** Olatunji

And speaking of unexpected inspiration, check this out an tell me it doesn't make you wanna get off yer butt and do something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jShMQw2H2cM