Notices

A Sincere THANK YOU

Old 06-16-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Karate girl

A Sincere THANK YOU

I just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my posts last week. Your encouragement and kindness has been overwhelming I believe it really helped me through those rough first days. I don't know how I ever would have gotten through it without you, so THANK YOU!!!
I did decide to go camping on Friday and I'm so happy I did! We had a very memorable trip this weekend 😊 After a wonderful Friday evening bonfire, it rained all night and we woke up to a leaking tent! Despite the rain, we decided to make the most of our trip before packing up and heading home a day early. It continued to rain all day, but we saw some awesome sights and had a lot of fun!!! We got home Saturday night around 7pm and had to set the tent up in the garage to let it air dry since it was literally SOAKING wet Then around 10:50 pm we were watching a movie when the tornado sirens started going off. Thankfully the storm fell apart before it reached us, but there were some damage reports very close by. All in all it was a very memorable and even fun weekend. I am very happy to report that I have not had a single drink since that one slip on Thursday at 4pm when I had a glass of wine to try to lessen withdrawal symptoms. I felt wonderful the entire weekend and I have absolutely no plans to start back down that road EVER again. Life is so much better when you're sober I was going to attach a few pictures of the beautiful sites we saw while camping, but it would only let me attach one. I chose my favorite!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Sending strength and prayers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Donaldson Cave.jpg (32.0 KB, 71 views)
Old 06-16-2019, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a beautiful post and picture. I'm glad you went camping and stayed sober. As you say, it's great.
Best to you as you dry out.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you had a fun weekend all things considered
Congrats on making it all sober too

D
Old 06-16-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you had fun, despite the rain.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That’s a beautiful picture, I’m glad you had such a great weekend. Keep posting, and reading, this is a great place to continue to get and give support.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What an awesome share! And thank you for including us all in your journey! All that vivid detail helps me to see that even if the going get a little rough, there's some really good living to be had in sobriety. For me it seems like this is different from previous attempts to quit, and a lot of the difference is using this forum for the first time. Helps to know that's the case for lots of other, too!
Old 06-17-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I’m glad you had a good weekend. Keep that momentum going!! Beautiful picture!!
Old 06-17-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sweet, just have to stick to it now. Same here.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Karate girl

Attached is another one of my favorite pictures from the trip. In this picture we took this slender metal boat (a little wider than shoulder width) one mile back into a cave. It was beautiful. A really cool fact is the fish have evolved to not have any eyes - they are literally blind! The tour guide had everyone turn off their flashlights and wave our hands in front of our eyes. We couldn't see it and they said if we thought we could see movement it was just a trick of the brain. If anyone were to stay in that cave for 2 weeks straight they would go permanently blind. I thought that was really interesting and wanted to share
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Twin Caves.jpg (11.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-17-2019, 07:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Strength, I'm so glad your camping trip went well except for the rain! Do you want to know something funny I've been to where you went camping. I recognized your pictures. And I've also taken that little tiny boat into the dark cave! It is a really pretty area it's not my favorite one in that area but I do like it alot. If you like to hike there are a couple farther north that have much more interest in hiking trails. Especially Turkey Run. There's also one further east, I believe it's called Clifty Falls. But it has some decent hiking and beautiful waterfalls.

I'm glad you're feeling so good!
Old 06-17-2019, 08:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That is funny you know where they went camping
I'd love to go. I've only camped in the mountains of Colorado.
That's interesting, if you spent two weeks in a cave you'd go blind.
I wonder if it's true?
Old 06-17-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Karate girl

Originally Posted by nadt View Post
Strength, I'm so glad your camping trip went well except for the rain! Do you want to know something funny I've been to where you went camping. I recognized your pictures. And I've also taken that little tiny boat into the dark cave! It is a really pretty area it's not my favorite one in that area but I do like it alot. If you like to hike there are a couple farther north that have much more interest in hiking trails. Especially Turkey Run. There's also one further east, I believe it's called Clifty Falls. But it has some decent hiking and beautiful waterfalls.
Nadt, such a small world! I will have to look into those places! Thank you for the suggestions