Notices

Today's positive affirmation !

Old 06-13-2019, 11:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today's positive affirmation !

Hi all,

Change your thoughts change your life !!..Its easy however it takes time , need persistence .Our subconscious mind takes time to accept the things.
Even Big book says we have to make prayers in positive direction.Never make a affirmation I don't like ,I don't do or I don't want or never use negative words like resentment,fear,dislikes etc.
Example :- I don't drink alcohol .( Negative pattern ). I stay sober.(Positive pattern)

Self-affirmation—thinking positively about oneself has been long believed to be beneficial. I know I feel better when I focus on anything positive—especially those aspects of myself.

It is not the situation that is the most important factor, but our response to it that determines how our body is impacted by the experience.

Napoleon Hill in his famous book Think and Grow Rich speaks about positive affirmations. When Louise Hayes had written a book about positive affirmations in the 1970’s, they became popular. And nowadays you can see positive affirmations all over the internet on Facebook, Instagram or Twiter posts. As everyone says, you need to repeat those positive affirmations, and they will change your life.

Lets make few affirmations today !

I surrender my life to the existence /God.
I am alive and hopeful.
I live peacefully today.
I accept the things I cant change.
I have courage to change the things.
I eat and drink healthy diets.
I take care of my body and soul.
I am recovering day by day.
I accept the reality.
I am a healer myself.
I love my family.
I create thoughts that make me feel good.
I stay sober , no matter what.
I have a sober brain that instructs my body perfectly.
I am paying back my debts without regret.
My finance is getting better.
My relationship is getting better day by day,
I am healer myself.
I take the responsibility of my life.

You folks please add you own here !!!
take care !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I have these stuck to my fridge that I see many times a day to keep me positive and on the right path. I used to be quick to react and not always in a positive way, looking at others defects rather than my own, tell myself negative things like “I am not good enough” I am unloveable”, sticking in my comfort zone and not growing and believed that if I felt bad it would be like that forever, and if something wasn’t perfect it or I was a failure so these things remind me daily what I need to keep on top of. It’s much easier nowadays at a year sober but I needed the constant reminders early on x

- Progress not perfection
- Embrace the space between action and reaction
- Nothing is permanent
- Respond not react
- What story are you telling yourself?
- Change leads to growth
- Everything passes
- Don’t do an inventory on others
Old 06-14-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for this!

I was doing some hideously negative affirmations (negations?) to myself last night. I was tired, confused, sad, and since there was no one around to abuse, I guess myself was the default target. Something told me, "Stop. Get some sleep. See how things look in the morning."

This was the top thread when I logged on
Old 06-14-2019, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=BrianK;7205971]Thank you for this!

I was doing some hideously negative affirmations (negations?) to myself last night. I was tired, confused, sad, and since there was no one around to abuse, I guess myself was the default target. Something told me, "Stop. Get some sleep. See how things look in the morning."

This was the top thread when I logged on[/QUOTE

Hi Briank every bad happens for a good reason.We think bad happened to me and react quickly.If we wait ,see and respond not react they just come to give a warning...stay sober ,no matter waht ???
Old 06-14-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Paulsandy;7205996]
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
Thank you for this!

This was the top thread when I logged on[/QUOTE

Hi Briank every bad happens for a good reason.We think bad happened to me and react quickly.If we wait ,see and respond not react they just come to give a warning...stay sober ,no matter waht ???
That's kind of where I'm at now. None of these decisions in front of me is urgent or permanent. But I usually respond out of resentment or loneliness. But then it's been a long time since I had even 30 days sober. So I thought, "Let's put this stuff on the shelf for a couple more weeks and look at it again with new eyes." That actually helped me see 30 days as more doable! It's not this distant, abstract goal. I gotta get 30 days (or more) to get that additional clarity, to be able to come back to my journal and compare notes. Everything just felt more concrete and possible.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I enjoy sobriety.
Life is better sober.
My health is great!

Affirmations work. For me, telling myself, "I do not drink" is important because once I get that program running, everything else is easier.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImNotThatGuy View Post
I enjoy sobriety.
Life is better sober.
My health is great!

Affirmations work. For me, telling myself, "I do not drink" is important because once I get that program running, everything else is easier.

Hi IAMNIOTTHAT GUY

I think it will get best result if we say I stay sober rather than I don't drink.
Our mind massively works on picture and image.
Lets visualise the word DRINK and SOBER !!...how do we feel ?.Which image gives us more positive image ??
But if it works for you and working that's a matter !! Take care !
Old 06-14-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am worth it
Old 06-14-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I totally get you, Paulsandy, but in situations where other people are drinking, I find it helpful to simply remind myself that I am a non-drinker. It's just not something I do, not even a possibility. Of course I try to avoid those situations, but it's not possible all the time.

Man, I feel so good today! I love waking up and feeling good!
Old 06-14-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Iamnotthatguy,
Sounds good you.are taking responsibility of your life and remember life will pay you back !!!
Yes i know while walking up our brain releases dopamine and we feel good which is regret free !!
Enjoy.mate !!
Old 06-14-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paulsandy View Post
Hi all,

Change your thoughts change your life !!..Its easy however it takes time , need persistence .Our subconscious mind takes time to accept the things.
Even Big book says we have to make prayers in positive direction.Never make a affirmation I don't like ,I don't do or I don't want or never use negative words like resentment,fear,dislikes etc.
Example :- I don't drink alcohol .( Negative pattern ). I stay sober.(Positive pattern)

Self-affirmation—thinking positively about oneself has been long believed to be beneficial. I know I feel better when I focus on anything positive—especially those aspects of myself.

It is not the situation that is the most important factor, but our response to it that determines how our body is impacted by the experience.

Napoleon Hill in his famous book Think and Grow Rich speaks about positive affirmations. When Louise Hayes had written a book about positive affirmations in the 1970’s, they became popular. And nowadays you can see positive affirmations all over the internet on Facebook, Instagram or Twiter posts. As everyone says, you need to repeat those positive affirmations, and they will change your life.

Lets make few affirmations today !

I surrender my life to the existence /God.
I am alive and hopeful.
I live peacefully today.
I accept the things I cant change.
I have courage to change the things.
I eat and drink healthy diets.
I take care of my body and soul.
I am recovering day by day.
I accept the reality.
I am a healer myself.
I love my family.
I create thoughts that make me feel good.
I stay sober , no matter what.
I have a sober brain that instructs my body perfectly.
I am paying back my debts without regret.
My finance is getting better.
My relationship is getting better day by day,
I am healer myself.
I take the responsibility of my life.

You folks please add you own here !!!
take care !!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the human race, where we all experience adversity, frustration and anxiety. We don't get addicted to a substance that we have not learned does something for us.

We all experience specific circumstances in life that become intolerable and overwhelming for us. It is these specific circumstances that cause us to feel helpless and trapped and we escape the trap with drugs and alcohol. We regain control of our feelings with a quick fix or mood changer of chemicals. This is a bad decision but works in the short term. Now it's time to change our thinking and change our life. Regain control of our helpless trapped emotions by replacing that helpless trapped, powerless feeling with some other empowering value or behavior. This is hard to do when you are still in physical withdrawal. Get help from withdrawal. Consider new values and purpose in our lives. Pray about it, think about, choose a better life.

I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. —Stephen Covey

“Don’t copy the behavior or values of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2
Old 06-14-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We all experience specific circumstances in life that become intolerable and overwhelming for us. It is these specific circumstances that cause us to feel helpless and trapped and we escape the trap with drugs and alcohol. We regain control of our feelings with a quick fix or mood changer of chemicals. This is a bad decision but works in the short term. Now it's time to change our thinking and change our life. Regain control of our helpless trapped emotions by replacing that helpless trapped, powerless feeling with some other empowering value or behavior. This is hard to do when you are still in physical withdrawal. Get help from withdrawal. Consider new values and purpose in our lives. Pray about it, think about, choose a better life.

I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. —Stephen Covey

“Don’t copy the behavior or values of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2[/QUOTE]

Agreed !!!
We can take control of mind changing the direction of our thoughts .Its can be hard but possible .Yes physical withdraw must be treated first by the help of Physician and look after our thoughts.I made an acronym of the encouraging thoughts and remind me hundred times a day until it go into subconscious.I am determined to repeat them and it's helping when I feel low.
Folks thanks for sharing --Take care