Notices

up for day 5

Old 06-14-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

up for day 5

Waking up this morning ready for day 5. things are going well. No huge urges, no huge withdrawals. I hit the dr today. I had it scheduled. I think my court date and dr appointment are a big part of why I decided to quit. I was looking like crap and did not want to appear to either of these events looking that way. Seeing my new dr for the first time in 4 years. I only met her once and she gave me my blood pressure meds. Since, I have been having my sister in law give me my script but she said I should go see my dr. So I am. I was going to fill her in on everything but I am now going to wait. I will be going back for whatever she decides(bp checkup, physical, etc...) I figure I will have plenty of time to fill her in on my situation after I get to know her a little better. My last dr said that drinking could be 50% of the problem or it could be 100% of the problem. that was 13 years ago. Had a falling out with him and found a new doc. Only saw her the one time. Now I am going as a new patient again because its been so long. Hopefully my bp is down due to no drink. Either way, day 5, feeling good. Although a little "off" as I'm sure everyone here can understand.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree about "filling her in on your situation" after getting to know her better and not only that...getting to know yourself better and where you are in your sobriety...

Good luck with your visit today.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5. You're amazing! I understand the 'feeling a little off' thing, just think how much better it is than day 2!

It's inspiring to hear you're taking care of your health, it's definitely something I need to do. Have a great, sober day
Old 06-14-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats on day 5! Keep going :-)
Old 06-14-2019, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck at the Drs Abraham and congrats on day 5

D
Old 06-14-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 View Post
Congrats on day 5. You're amazing! I understand the 'feeling a little off' thing, just think how much better it is than day 2!

It's inspiring to hear you're taking care of your health, it's definitely something I need to do. Have a great, sober day
May as well go. We all know its the right thing to do. I avoided the dr for over a decade then after headaches all the time I went for a check and found high bp. After that I still avoided the dr. Now thanks to my sister telling me to go being anxious about all kinds of stuff due to alcohol I figure its time to bite the bullet. If something is wrong is aint going to get better on its own. I always thought I did not want to know but if I aint going to take care of it I may as well keep drinking also. I'm only quitting for my health. If I did not care about my health I would not have quit drinking.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
I agree about "filling her in on your situation" after getting to know her better and not only that...getting to know yourself better and where you are in your sobriety...

Good luck with your visit today.
Your one of the people I really look up to. Just sayin. Thanks for chiming in.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck today. I'm glad you're going. If nothing else, it will be reassuring. And then, you won't have to wonder. I really think it's wonderful that you decided to quit... and just just did it! Congrats on day 5!

other than that normal feeling of being a "little off" I'm glad you're feeling well!
Old 06-14-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Karate girl

Congrats on day 5 and good luck today!
Old 06-14-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yea, its the wondering that really sucks. My bp is a tad high at 160/90 so she added a pill. Physical next time in a month. Glad its done, I get nervous as hell. Now I get to go and not have a beer. psssh!
Old 06-14-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Awesome day 5
Old 06-14-2019, 09:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yea, its going to be so awesome golfing without a beer. Yay.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5 and taking your health into account. Glad you got meds for your bp. Keep moving forward, Abraham!