Notices

166 Days

Old 06-15-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

166 Days

I know, odd number to be excited about, but I just went to my first function where evryone was drinking and I made it through. My daughters engagement party where it was an open bar (that I paid for) and everyone was drinking and having a good time. I actually bought a slushy machine (love slushees) from sams and had slushees all night. Some people used it and put alcohol in them but that was fine. Had a really intense alcohol dream last night but thanks to this place and you people I found that this is normal and i'm not crazy. Thanks again everyone.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome to hear! I just reflected on "166 days" like "That's almost 6 months" and kinda paused and reflected on what that would feel like and mean to me (at day 12 now). It, um, tingled. Pretty cool. It really can happen. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2019, 05:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Samson1 View Post
I know, odd number to be excited about, but I just went to my first function where evryone was drinking and I made it through. My daughters engagement party where it was an open bar (that I paid for) and everyone was drinking and having a good time. I actually bought a slushy machine (love slushees) from sams and had slushees all night. Some people used it and put alcohol in them but that was fine. Had a really intense alcohol dream last night but thanks to this place and you people I found that this is normal and i'm not crazy. Thanks again everyone.
Wonderful ,great,cool,peace,,welldone,recovery,healthy,rest for brain,happy family,bravery ,hopeful,coping skills,future plan,and so on.....you achieved !!!
I have done the same no.craving ,no.alcohol.but was a big cheerful ceremony .I loved to.see what others were doing .Saw the effects of alcohol on other people mindfully.
All fun happened without any regret !!
COOL !!!
Old 06-15-2019, 10:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 166 days!
Old 06-15-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We're sobriety date twins! It feels great to be closing in on six months. Well done for handling the engagement party so well
Old 06-15-2019, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Me too... 166 days today. Congratulations to you (and to Sophie)!

I'm starting to handle more challenging situations myself and making steady progress on all fronts. I'm wary of complacency though - the AV still pops up from time to time... Onwards...
Old 06-15-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Sampson - you too Forwards

D
Old 06-15-2019, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

166 days!!! Nice!!!!
Old 06-15-2019, 11:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Well done and huge congrats you are doing brill. Inspirational stuff thank you 😊
Old 06-16-2019, 12:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

166 days sounds amazing and I love your slushee idea for getting through that function!
Old 06-16-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I’m on 166 days too. I think the coincidence is due to the 1st January being 166 days ago. I didn’t intentionally give up on this date. I was just coming back from holiday on a long-haul flight and had one beer. I’d cut down before that point, but once back home I decided to quit forever.

I always say this. Once you commit to abstinence - and it is heartbreaking at first, like splitting with a partner - it all falls into place and is easy. Trying to do things by halves, having “just the one” or having a session at a party or whatever will kill any plan to give up. I also always say this. The choices for anyone who’s alcohol dependent are simple:

a) Give up 100% for life
b) Accept you’ll be a heavy drinker for life

There is no option (c). No one can revert to moderate drinking. Option (b) is a miserable life for you and your loved ones, but option (a) is by far the easiest and best 😀
Old 06-16-2019, 01:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow! Great job to everyone. Way to stick with it.