Notices

I did something stupid

Old 06-13-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Karate girl

I did something stupid

At 4pm I had not quite a full glass of wine because I couldn't take the withdrawal symptoms anymore. Stupid of me, I know. I really hope that wasn't enough to restart the clock and prolong it. From now on I'm just going to deal and get it over with then I'm never going to let myself get this way ever again.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If I remember that's 11 less than you normally have... Just sayin, you're trying to taper off for the weekend and seem like you're still making honest effort. You guys still going camping or make other plans?
Old 06-13-2019, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Karate girl

Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
If I remember that's 11 less than you normally have... Just sayin, you're trying to taper off for the weekend and seem like you're still making honest effort. You guys still going camping or make other plans?
Yes, as of now we are still going. I'm going to see how the night goes though. Hopefully I will be able to get some sleep and wake up feeling better.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I think you did good..cause if I had any WINE...I would have to have the whole bottle..so you should be happy with yourself for stopping and then posting about it.

KUDOS to you.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, unfortunately, there is no way around the withdrawals, but to go through it. If you are concerned about yourself, don't hesitate to go to an ER or call your dr.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah like Anna says there's really only one way to go and thats through it.
Drinking, no matter how minimal, just prolongs the agony.

If you're worried see a Dr or ER.

D
Old 06-13-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
yeah like Anna says there's really only one way to go and thats through it.
Drinking, no matter how minimal, just prolongs the agony.

If you're worried see a Dr or ER.

D
Reminds me of the Winston Churchill quote:

"When you're going through Hell, keep going."
Old 06-14-2019, 12:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My experience with withdrawal was so horrific I feel very worried whenever I see people try to 'just go through it' when it I say known to kill. It nearly killed me, life support for three days. I tried to go through it and by the time I realised I was very unwell I couldn't call for help, but luckily was found.
I don't think anyone should withdraw alone or without medical help. I know my experience might be an extreme one but I truly didn't know I was that far along with my physical alcohol dependence.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StrengthNme View Post
At 4pm I had not quite a full glass of wine because I couldn't take the withdrawal symptoms anymore. Stupid of me, I know. I really hope that wasn't enough to restart the clock and prolong it. From now on I'm just going to deal and get it over with then I'm never going to let myself get this way ever again.
It's always been my belief that drinking resets the clock, or at least turns the hands backwards. But then I've had limited experience with serious medical withdrawal. Those I knew personally who ended up in hospitals strapped to their beds, were not given alcohol to ease the symptoms. I'm not an expert in tapering off. Is this a common method of quitting? It sounds to me more like a way of not quitting, but then I don't know everything.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Personally I dont think this camping trip is the best time to quit. I would moderate as much as possible and hit it hard when its over. Just my opinion.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I couldn't have stopped at one or two, or five. During the first weeks of quitting I was staying in a very unhealthy place (I'm homeless) and was regularly offered something to 'make me feel better'. It was somewhat easy to say No because I was only offered a couple shots or a tall boy or two, none of which would have helped in any way whatsoever. I'm thankful for that sad bit of irony.

Getting through withdrawal is miserable, we all get that! No easy way around it though. Can you remove any alcohol from your presence? I hope you got some sleep and get through today clean and sober. You can do this!
Old 06-14-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Karate girl

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
My experience with withdrawal was so horrific I feel very worried whenever I see people try to 'just go through it' when it I say known to kill. It nearly killed me, life support for three days. I tried to go through it and by the time I realised I was very unwell I couldn't call for help, but luckily was found.
I don't think anyone should withdraw alone or without medical help. I know my experience might be an extreme one but I truly didn't know I was that far along with my physical alcohol dependence.
Daisy, that's scary! I'm sorry you had to go through that