Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Excuses, it’s sunny, Excuses, I’m sad, Excuses and more Excuses! Weekenders 14 - 17 June 2019

Notices

Excuses, it’s sunny, Excuses, I’m sad, Excuses and more Excuses! Weekenders 14 - 17 June 2019

Old 06-13-2019, 07:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Bed time (almost) check-in. Great posts from everyone. Enjoy your three weeks andyh. Got any plans?
Old 06-13-2019, 07:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

At the end, I drank seeking oblivion- as life had (to my fried brain) become untenable and was literally starving - from pre burns 130kg, to 74kg post....

I suspect my dead bro died from the same pattern..

SR was/is a breath of fresh life
Old 06-13-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Lol, wethinknot, your post made me laugh.

Manta, that food sounds amazing!! Hope it all turns out great. Also, I don’t think I ever congratulated you on your year of sobriety, so congratulations. Apologies I just brushed over it.

The day was good. I did free carousel rides again for a member’s only night and that always lifts my mood. Kids are great.

Tomorrow is Friday and then zoo zoo zoo for the weekend. My paychecks are gonna be THICK.

night all.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:20 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

Mesa, gorgeous views , must be marvellous to wake up to beautiful scenery daily. Love it!

Manta, oh my gosh. Such delights you’ve prepared, I love it all!

One thing sobriety has taught me is I can be honest to myself, I don’t scheme or plan or dream of my next drink. That weight, driven by addiction, was all consuming. To have it lifted and live an honest life, being able to hold my head up, for me is priceless.

Good to see you all.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all
It's that Friday feeling...

Happy Hols Andy !
Old 06-13-2019, 10:41 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm in - I probably won't post much as I have work to do online, but I remember once posting 'This will be my second weekend without drinking' and it seems like yesterday that I was so happy and excited about that, Well, not sure how many weekends have passed since then, but thanks solely to SR, they're sure mounting up
Have a great weekend!
Old 06-13-2019, 11:04 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone. I hope you are eating well now PhoenixJ.

Friday! Fingers crossed it might actually stop raining today.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:11 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Bonnie sorry you are having a 'moment'. I still feel jealousy at times when I see people drink. BUT it isn't for us, we can't have it. You won't be jealous of her hangover later on.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:07 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Kaily is right Bonnie, you won’t be jealous of the hangover that lady will have in the morning! I still get a twinge of jealousy if I see someone drinking cocktails (even thought I just drank vodka and wine) on a hot sunny day on holiday but I know that I am missing or longing for something that wouldn’t happen to me anyhow. I wouldn’t just have 1 or 2 and enjoy it, I’d be throwing them down super fast and end up in my hotel room waking up feeling like total crap after probably wetting the bed!

Still got the wood burner going as it’s not too warm up here in the north, can’ believe we are a week away from the summer solstice and I have a fire going! Been a rotten summer so far. Anyhow, full day of cooking today and will be great to have some healthy meals in the freezer.

Here’s to another sober weekend folks! x
Old 06-14-2019, 01:48 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!
Old 06-14-2019, 02:14 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Happy Friday! you've earned your weekend - why spoil it by drinking & doing stuff you'll regret?

just a week off im afraid Dragon, but I need a break. I have some Adult ingredients to do for a few days & then I hope to get away for some camping & canoeing for the rest.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:28 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Canoeing sounds fun Andy! With all the rainfall we have had some of those rivers are super high and almost white water so be safe and prepared!

First dish of Massaman Red Potato and Beef Curry in the slow cooker so that will be done in about 4 hours! Next job is to make a batch of juices, gonna do one of my favs which is carrot, beetroot, ginger and orange. Got some little glass bottles (like the old U.K. school milk bottles) and will fill them up and put them in the freezer so I can take out to defrost the night before I wanna drink them.

I have a 2 hour episode of Naked and Afraid I am dipping in and out of whilst on my all day cooking mission. I know it might sound sad lol but for me this is heaven haha! X
Old 06-14-2019, 02:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I love the weekend stories; they’re uplifting.

I have an 8- hour shift, then straightening out a bad situation with a caregiver who’s taking financial advantage of my Dad and not repaying..ugh. Things will get better—he’s a kind, generous man who has been through hell. We’ll help him and find a better person.

I’ll be off tomorrow and I can’t wait for the chance to cook and watch shows, and catch up with my wonderful sober friends. So glad to make a pledge for another sober weekend.

Thank you for this awesome thread!

Xx

R
Old 06-14-2019, 04:08 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Mags1 Just realized your avatar is lions tigers and bears! ha love it! Looks like my brain is working a bit better every day!
Old 06-14-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
Happy Friday! you've earned your weekend - why spoil it by drinking & doing stuff you'll regret?

just a week off im afraid Dragon, but I need a break. I have some Adult ingredients to do for a few days & then I hope to get away for some camping & canoeing for the rest.
Adulting* not Adult ingredients - stupid phone

I will probably be paddling on a canal Manta, so I'll be safe

your curry sounds good. "Naked & Afraid" not so much.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:16 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Thanks for the reminder dpac, it's payday. I still put away my 'drinking budget' amount into savings. Some of it's going to pay for my workshop make over. I never could stick to my drinking budget. I know all the stores that do cash back and would do a little shopping here and there so my wife wouldn't see what I was really spending.

I still have this need to have cash in my pocket, that's how I paid for my addiction, in cash, no record. I've always had to have enough in my pocket for my next case. I would recount it over and over and when I didn't have enough, I obsess over collecting a little more from somewhere.

I've had $5.25 in my pocket for the last few weeks and still have to fight off the thought that I need more. Even thought I have savings in my own account and a debit card.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

double post - deleted
Old 06-14-2019, 05:37 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Sounds like a lot of fun weekend plans. Manta - your food sounds yummy. I love to food prep as well just haven’t gotten around to it lately. Dpac- there is something very energizing about working with kids. I’ve found they bring me genuine joy when I’m around them - and they say the darndest things...lol.

Tonight I’m off to launch rockets with my kid for the scouts. I’m also cooking/bringing 100 hot dogs for it. It’s always a fun event. The kids LOVE it. With all the rain I’m sure it will be a mosquito laden event - that’s ok, makes it a more memorable event!
Old 06-14-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Magsie

New beginnings, the lion, tiger and bear, are these three animals being rescued from illegal keepers, they’ve lived together all their life and still continue to.

https://youtu.be/dcs-H5p-MYw
Old 06-14-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Manta, you make me want to get back into cooking! I used to drink wine any time I prepared food, but I think it’s time to get back in there. Lol @ Naked and Afraid. My guilty TV indulgence used to be Dance Moms, which is probably far worse.

dpac— what is your job at the zoo? It seems like such a cool place to work.

Kaily, you are right. I’m over here enjoying my morning coffee with no regrets.

Mags, I can definitely relate to the scheming for the next drink. And I would get so anxious if something would thwart my drinking plans. A low point for me would be the time I slipped a couple of mini bottles of wine in my purse just in case I didn’t get the chance to order a drink when I wanted one. Later on I claimed to have forgotten my phone in my car to give me an excuse to slip away and drink it. So classy.

Anyway, my dog is giving me “the look” which means he wants to go for walkies. Have a great Friday, everyone!