Notices

Long time drinker- first time forum writer

Old 06-20-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SvenDexter View Post
Last night/ yesterday was pretty easy.

But I guess that doesn't make for an interesting forum post. I have an app on my phone that tells me that so far, I have passed on 47 drinks and saved $238, so that's kind of cool.

I've had (and still have) a lot of friends that are big drinkers. I remember a wedding I went to when I was around 25- full of big drinkers and an open bar. There were 80 people there, at a venue that housed multiple weddings. The bar staff told us that we were going through way more booze than a 400 person wedding down the hall.

Most of my friends now still like to drink, but I just don't seem them very often anyway. There's nobody I feel like I would need to cut out of my life.

I had one drinking buddy that I did cut loose, he would always order more drinks and if I didn't want to keep drinking he'd keep on me until I relented.
Your friends sound alot like my friends. Professional drinkers. Kinda weird after all this time to be sober and seeing what all the binge drinking looks like from the sober side of things. Great job on day's 17 and 18. You got this!
Old 06-20-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 18 Sven.

Theres a lot of being around drinkers in those last couple of posts,

I was always one for the Chuck Norris method - do everything I did drink sober. Unfortunately that was a lot of things and sooner or later I';d crumble,

The last time I quit I made it easy on myself. I stayed away from events that involved alcohol for a while.

I'm guessing you're a Chuck kinda guy but I thought I'd mention it anyway

D
Old 06-21-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 19

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on day 18 Sven.

Theres a lot of being around drinkers in those last couple of posts,

I was always one for the Chuck Norris method - do everything I did drink sober. Unfortunately that was a lot of things and sooner or later I';d crumble,

The last time I quit I made it easy on myself. I stayed away from events that involved alcohol for a while.

I'm guessing you're a Chuck kinda guy but I thought I'd mention it anyway

D

Maybe I am like Chuck Norris! I like the sound of that.

Last night was easy again- went to the gym after work, came home- wasn't around any drinkers- so maybe there is something to that.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Day 20

No issues last night. Been working out a lot and eating healthy lost 3% of my body weight in the past 20 days.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

20 days - that's wonderful, Sven.