Notices

Disconnected blurry eyes foggy head kind of thing

Old 06-12-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Disconnected blurry eyes foggy head kind of thing

Brain feels fuzzy. Feeling a bit down fed up feeling like nothing to look forward to. Know this isn’t true but just a strange feeling. Also feel like my vision is blurred kind of not quite clear etc etc not eye sight something else. Did engaged kind of feeling. Not going bk to drinking just some days are good feel positive then like this. Just like a melancholy sad don’t know who I am were I’m going type of thing. Had long time sobriety before can’t remember this though
Old 06-12-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How long are you sober?
Old 06-12-2019, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back, eve! Hope things clear up a bit and you can share some more with us. I've had MANY morning like the one you're describing, but this is my first serious attempt to quit for good and while using Sober Recovery forums, and for me it's been a game-changer. There is a great energy and spirit among the regulars I keep running in to and I imagine they'll have a lot to share with you and want you to share with them. Day 9 for me so far, so I sure don't mean to claim I "got this", but I feel like SR is a very useable tool that I just never used before, and I can feel a difference in the right direction.

Peace, and good luck!
Old 06-12-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Thabks sammy ad Briana for responding. I find sr to be really helpful and I read daily Brian. 3 months since last lapse didn’t even last long one night so don’t know why it feel so bad
Old 06-12-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes bad blah days are followed by perky motivated days. We are recovering alkies which is a HUGE thing. Even normies would not expect us to smile and dance every day. I hope the sun comes out for you tomorrow. Why not post a bit in other threads to distract yourself. If you are sober 3 months you have a lot to offer. Some people are stuck in day 1
Old 06-12-2019, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eve123 View Post
Thabks sammy ad Briana for responding. I find sr to be really helpful and I read daily Brian. 3 months since last lapse didn’t even last long one night so don’t know why it feel so bad
My last hangover was a little similar. I had plenty to drink, but no more than usual, or not much more, yet I felt just AWFUL the next day, versus my occasional, "Ok, that sucked, now let's power through this and work the crud outta my system." I felt full of some kind of green vapor of despair. (Not sure why it was green ) I think I was being permitted to feel the full ugliness of my addiction down in to the depths of my soul, and was being given a choice, once and for all: do I want to live like this the rest of my life, or do I want to Live my Life? Over the course of a few hours the choice became clearer, and when I finally decided, "I simply have to quit, and stay quit. I. Just. Can't. Drink." the despair lifted a bit. The shame and guilt receded over the following days. I don't feel like a completely new person compared to the one before that last binge, but I feel more protective of me now, and am learning day by day to appreciate the gift of life more than before.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard to get used to dealing with days that are downers. It can help to remember that this will pass, it's only temporary and hopefully you will feel better soon.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Thabks for your words. Yes it does feel like bad days then a good day etc at the moment. Got a lot going on and feeling very isolated because of my situation just me and the children. But I’m gona wait for it to pass and try to remember that feelings and situations change in time as long as I stay sober. Might be some depression and anxiety also as I no longer take any meds for this as in the past I felt anti depressants made me want to drink. Some days life feels like a struggle the routine and same thing day in day out. Not moaning just finding life on life’s terms a bit hard. Years ago I would have drank come up with some terrible plans and end up totally making a mess of my life. At least now I’m not creating unmanagabilty drama or chaos so got to be greatful.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No drama no chaos no self loathing in the morning =happy kids in the morning.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Yes sammy thank you
Old 06-12-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Don't underestimate the role of depression/anxiety in the way these feelings manifest. I've dealt with a lot of the same "foggy" feelings and definitely felt disconnected, almost like euphoria. These are scary things to deal with as you also fight for your sobriety. Being off meds is fine if you don't need them, but there are many different types that react differently with your body. I've had great success with them during my darkest times, and also I've had some that sent me into panic mode.

Taking care of your mental health and the chemicals in your brain will make staying sober much much less of a mountain to climb.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I think you may be right brick maybe I should go back to my gp but iv been there over and over in the past in meds off etc that I dread going again and as I want to apply for financial things in the near future I don’t want my nes record to look bad. But I think I have more going on than just the drink as iv not drank in a while and before that a while so I was not a long time daily drinker iv mostly been sober for a long time. I just feel pretty down and hopeless like overwhelmed and just not happy at all I guess