Notices

I need to be honest...I feel myself slipping

Old 06-10-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
I hope you will get to a meeting soon. Sounds like you know you should and it is tough- but you probably know by now that's what I'd advise
LOL yes August...I know that is what many suggest...and I am OPEN to AA...that is the weirdest thing....

I think I will be ok today after all the chats here...and I have plenty to do....I have to go to another state this morning to buy tabacco so I can roll my cigs...before I go to my Dads..

With my Dad I know we have to go to the market today.

Possibly I will set myself up to cook a meal for me and my son after my Dads so I should be busy past the "witching hours" of 4-6....and then be ok.

xo
Old 06-10-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad you checked on here, Missie (and you too, FT). You did a great job getting through that craving and staying sober. I read Dee’s post and agree with his advice to carve out some “you” time. Have you ever heard of compassion fatigue? Being a caretaker is hard work and really takes a toll. Tale care of yourself and keep us posted.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
Glad you checked on here, Missie (and you too, FT). You did a great job getting through that craving and staying sober. I read Dee’s post and agree with his advice to carve out some “you” time. Have you ever heard of compassion fatigue? Being a caretaker is hard work and really takes a toll. Tale care of yourself and keep us posted.
Thanks so much at last.
Hanging in...that is all I can do....grateful to still be sober and laying in my comfortable bed with the AC on.

Today was everything BUT taking care of myself....But I didn't drink....So that is all that matters for today.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey, Missy! Maybe I missed you but I haven't seen you on yet today. I'm thinking of you and hope to hear from you soon.