Notices

I done it!!!

Old 06-09-2019, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I done it!!!

Today I am 4weeks sober. I have relapsed so many times I thought I was done for. I kept on having continuous pain in my liver area after a binge and also pain in my chest. I now know alcohol affects every organ. Today was my nieces christening. I had to go as I am her godmother. So the church went well then off to the restaurant. No one in my family knows my struggles. They know I drank alot but they don't know I am an alcoholic. And have been since I was 24 I am now 31. So back to the restaurant, everyone was drinking bar myself my mum(she is currently on antibiotics) and the children. And I done it. I craved like a mad woman but I did not give in. After the restaurant all of my family were going to my brothers house for drinks and fun. I made my excuses. I came home and ironed a pile of clothes I had not got to as I was out all day yesterday with my mum and children at an adventure park. My mum will now drop my daughter home to me after the kids have had lots of fun and worn themselves out. I will be up tomorrow fresh as a daisy heading off to work to begin another sober week. Something in me has changed. I crave yet I know I won't do it. I just feel stronger. I know I will kill myself and my children need me. I need to be healthy. I hope everyone has had a good day x
Old 06-09-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many months sober!
Old 06-09-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!! It's been helpful to me to read posts like this and expect cravings to come sometimes, and not feel like I'm "working a bad program" because I got a little craving.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on a month! Thanks for sharing your story!
Old 06-09-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all ❤️. Brian I crave all the time. Sometimes at the most random of times but I will always crave. I just have to say to myself NO. Its not worth it. I watched alot of YouTube documentaries regarding alcohol and what it does to your body and it is complete poison. It is like pouring petrol onto a fire. Its so bad for us. I am just going to take it day by day and hopefully il get through another week. It hasn't been easy at all my other half still drinks alcohol and all my family so I have to keep a distance at times and just think of My health. If a craving comes I watch a YouTube documentary and it turns me right off
Old 06-09-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great news Lola and keep up the good work! xx
Old 06-09-2019, 12:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lola, what a great post! I know you will inspire lots of newbies with your story. Good job on 4 weeks of sobriety.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to stay strong!! Congratulations to you 😃
Old 06-09-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. This site is amazing and I will be on it continuously. This is my time now to shine. I will not let this beast defeat me. I am stronger then it and I know my life is going to be so much better. Financially I am already in a much better place. I'v a holiday booked with my mum and kids for 3 weeks at the end of July. That in itself will be a huge test. But I know I will have a fantastic sober holiday and spend all of my money on clothes rather then alcohol 😁 clothes wins hands down
Old 06-09-2019, 02:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

4 weeks - wonderful news, lola!
Old 06-09-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 weeks sober! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-09-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's amazing Lola. I'm on day 23! Fighting to get to that first month milestone. If you can do it then so can I. Thank you.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Amazing....very good work! Especially since you said no one really knows you are an alcoholic...you could have easily drank without anyone breathing down your neck.

My whole family knows and if I had a drink in front of anyone they would be terrified...

I'm so happy for you and congratulations on one month sober!
Old 06-09-2019, 08:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Lola, what a great post! I know you will inspire lots of newbies with your story. Good job on 4 weeks of sobriety.
Indeed it does. Thanks for a great post.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really pleased for you Iola

D