Notices

A

Old 06-10-2019, 01:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Deleted post.

Last edited by Abraham; 06-10-2019 at 01:42 PM. Reason: not needed
Old 06-10-2019, 01:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah this an abstinence site, so I'll let the moderators fill you in on whatever the rules are. Your continued drinking doesn't offend me. I wouldn't be worried about offending a bunch of anonymous people though - like you, I'm a father + I'd be worried about that. You can put off quitting drinking for the rest of your life. But you're not going to get the time with your children and your family back. Best of luck man.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks. I'm not worried about offending any one. I just have some respect. With all due respect I dont think you know my situation well enough from just my few posts. Lately I have been in a bad spot cuz of all my time at home but I am with my daughter about 80% of the time. I take her care of her in all but everything. I due have a wife but she is working alot. I am a good dad and everyone knows it. I get lots of time with her all day everyday. Plus I'm totally sober most of the time till lately that is. But I'm totally sober now. I was not drunk from 4 beers yesterday and I'm not drinking today. I appreciate your well wishes but please stay out of my home. I dont believe by your posts that you know me well enough. But thanks for your concern. Your point is taken. This came just as I was thinking about posting a first day thread as I'm at the 24 hr mark now but I may just go elsewhere if its going to be like this. Have a nice day and thanks again for your well wishes. and looking forward to getting the rules.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Abraham, I've appreciated your honesty in your posts. To me this thread could be a good learning experience, whether your approach works or not. You came on and shared what you were doing and your plan for your own life. You didn't tell everyone else to change theirs. Sure, everyone weighed in on the first post because it's a first post. But from here forward I'd like to see how things progress. Maybe someone else can benefit from it. Of course if it's against the rules or you feel you're getting badgered I wouldn't want to deal with that either. Just wanted to share my 2 cents. Peace!
Old 06-10-2019, 04:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR is for people drinking who want to stop Abraham.
Sounds like you're in that category to me

D
Old 06-10-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
Thanks. I'm not worried about offending any one. I just have some respect. With all due respect I dont think you know my situation well enough from just my few posts. Lately I have been in a bad spot cuz of all my time at home but I am with my daughter about 80% of the time. I take her care of her in all but everything. I due have a wife but she is working alot. I am a good dad and everyone knows it. I get lots of time with her all day everyday. Plus I'm totally sober most of the time till lately that is. But I'm totally sober now. I was not drunk from 4 beers yesterday and I'm not drinking today. I appreciate your well wishes but please stay out of my home. I dont believe by your posts that you know me well enough. But thanks for your concern. Your point is taken. This came just as I was thinking about posting a first day thread as I'm at the 24 hr mark now but I may just go elsewhere if its going to be like this. Have a nice day and thanks again for your well wishes. and looking forward to getting the rules.
Didn't mean to offend. In my time on this site I benefited most from the people who were honest with me, even if it bothered me at the time. I don't suggest that you aren't an excellent father. You mentioned your daughter in your post so that was what I was referencing. I don't take back anything I said however - what I wish I could take back were the years I was still drinking when my son was young. Just sharing my experience. Hope to hear from you again here soon.