Notices

Day 3 is rough!

Old 06-09-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hold tight on the drinking. Good to stop. I know I am going to be into some heavy night sweats tonight as I usually am if I dont drink as much as usual. So i went from a pint a night(while I was working)for over 10 years and now a fifth a day since I am home all day not working for the last 7 months. To 10 beers yesterday, to 4 beers today. Thought I was going to be sweating it last night but the 2 shots and 10 beers must have sufficed. I know 4 beers wont do it. Got a spare set of clothes bedside the bed for when I wake up sweating with chills. I think tomorrow is time to just bite the bullet. I wish you well. Hopefully soon I will only be week behind you.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
Hold tight on the drinking. Good to stop. I know I am going to be into some heavy night sweats tonight as I usually am if I dont drink as much as usual. So i went from a pint a night(while I was working)for over 10 years and now a fifth a day since I am home all day not working for the last 7 months. To 10 beers yesterday, to 4 beers today. Thought I was going to be sweating it last night but the 2 shots and 10 beers must have sufficed. I know 4 beers wont do it. Got a spare set of clothes bedside for when I wake up sweating with chills. I think tomorrow is time to just bite the bullet. I wish you well. Hopefully soon I will only be week behind you.
Do you feel like the night sweats have a cleansing effect? Seems to me that the 2nd or 3rd day I'd get em, but the next night I'd get much better sleep, and my whole body felt more balanced. Still gross, but at least there was an upside...
Old 06-09-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
Do you feel like the night sweats have a cleansing effect? Seems to me that the 2nd or 3rd day I'd get em, but the next night I'd get much better sleep, and my whole body felt more balanced. Still gross, but at least there was an upside...
I was only sweating when I was actively drinking not afterwards...weird (me or you)..lol

So glad you are still hanging in...I don't like to post about feeling like slipping because i know sometimes it can make other people feel triggered...like well she did it or he did it...NO....its never good.

I have not...and I'm wondering how NADT is feeling today...I hope better NADT.....
Old 06-09-2019, 06:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well all my night sweats, and I have had dozens or more, are usually because I only had like a half pint of booze instead of a pint. I was not stopping drinking. Just coincidentally drank a little less. I have only tried to quit drinking once in my life. I did so for 2 weeks but it was only cuz I was scared to go to jail because I was on probation(for a drunk driving). Once I learned I could go blow for probation then drink I started back up. I honestly dont remember how long my night sweats lasted that only time I actually quit. They always feel gross to me. Waking up with soaking sheets, feeling freezing getting up to search for clothes. Errrrr. I just hope we all quit. It never ends well if you dont.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Have my night yet to go of day 5. Withdrawals are a little better, but I'm still rough. I read that a lot of people are feeling much better today. Maybe day 6 will be my day. I was able to eat just a little bit more today. So far, I've just had watermelon. Was able to eat a few bites of vegetables today.

Way to hang strong, Abraham!!!

I appreciate the support and advice from everyone.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yeah, A. I feel the same way about night sweats.

Brian, I'm glad you can find an upside to them!!
Old 06-10-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

How did the evening go for you? How ya feeling? Better I hope. Just dont drink, its so not worth it.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How did the evening go for you? How ya feeling? Better I hope. Just dont drink, its so not worth it.
made it!! Day 6 for me. This morning I laid back down around 9am and slept... actually slept hard for a while. I won't sleep at all tonight., but I'm so glad I slept that right now I'm not worried about it. Still haven't eaten anything. That's next on my plan for the day. I'm feeling pretty decent... of course I've done absolutely nothing, but that's ok.... I'm sober.

How is your day A?

I'm glad to hear from you,
Old 06-10-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My day is good. I sent you a pm. I am almost the 24 hr mark without drinking. Decided I may as well quit for good. I really doubt I'll go back to drinking like that anymore. Its just to late in life and too many scares. Got to draw the line now. So its my day 1. Good for you on day 6. Drinking like we did is just stupid. We are old enough to know better now, its hard but it cant be that hard. Lots of folks way worse off have done it.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go guys

D
Old 06-11-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Morning nadt, hope all is well.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nadt View Post
Hello. I'm working on making it through day 3 (one of many) and it's rough. I've been a private, daily heavy drinker for 10 years and it's time to stop for good.

Like most have said--no sleep, dizzy, heart racing, no energy, brain fog-- I'm a mess. Today is rough, especially knowing I can't just lay around over the weekend to rest.

I've had rough times stopping in the past, but usually I'm feeling much better by day three--i really did myself in this time.

I hope everyone has a good day!
I'm only on day 2 so basically - you're my new hero.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Morning nadt, hope all is well.
Morning A! I'm waking up sober. Working through day 7! Today is a pretty busy day. I'm glad I'm finally feeling a little better. I actually have an appetite this morning. Hope things are going well for you!
Old 06-11-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daytrippin View Post
I'm only on day 2 so basically - you're my new hero.
Hey, Day! Haha--Thanks! Congrats on day 2! That was a hard one for me! Glad we can support each other. I hardly logged off this site the first 3 days. I wasn't sure what else to do with myself. I felt like hell. Hope to see more posts from you!!
Old 06-11-2019, 06:24 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yep, I was sweating it last night but I am feeling fine. No withdrawal symptoms yet really. Just like last time. I guess I'm lucky. Busy day for me as well. Have to go to court to try to get this fail to yield ticket reduced, and then since its a nice day I'm hitting home depot for some round up. Then the nursery for some raspberry plants. I have a big yard and I want to plant some raspberries in a spot I have ready.
Whats up daytrippin? Good for you on day 2, mine also.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 7

It's day 7 for me and I'm finally feeling a little better. I have a little bit of an appetite and think I might be able to actually eat a real meal today. I'm still having problems with my blood pressure, but that's been a long term issue for me (genetics). It's definitely been a lot higher through my detox though. And it gets even higher when I move around. So, I'm taking it easy.

Thank you everyone, for your support!
Old 06-11-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better keep up the good work!
Old 06-11-2019, 06:53 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Keep going, nadt. It gets better! Glad you’re getting your appetite back.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Keep it up nadt, and thanks! Your first week mirrors my own experience, and it's good to be reminded that I do not want to go through that again. Three weeks and a couple days in, and I'm feeling 500% better.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImNotThatGuy View Post
Keep it up nadt, and thanks! Your first week mirrors my own experience, and it's good to be reminded that I do not want to go through that again. Three weeks and a couple days in, and I'm feeling 500% better.
Keep it going! Glad you're feeling so much better! That's what I'm working toward!