Notices

Let Go

Old 06-07-2019, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let Go

What are you hanging onto? We all do it. The only question is to what extent... and how much we let it control us. How much it puts us on defense in life instead of playing offense.

Usually it's related to fear.

At almost 16 months I'm only just now realizing that the concept of 'letting go of everything' so that I can ever have 'anything' is so much more than words or an abstract idea or some spiritual cliche that people in an institution say to make each other and themselves feel better about...life.

It's incredibly real. It's in my face daily. The conditions that led to my sobriety and the way they forced me to cut the fat out of my life and cut the toxicity out of my life now reveal to me a life that is grounded in freedom, opportunity, simplicity. I can live based on values now because I'm no longer owned by debt or owned by fear, expectations of others. Most of all, I am not owned by a chemical or chemicals that I pump into my body as a short term short circuit of my issues without regard to the ever growing stack of **** growing in the shadows, crowding out my life.

Free.

Seriously... stop taking yourself so seriously. Someone somewhere has it worse anyway. Just trash it. All of it. Start with the booze, then turn your focus to the toxic people no matter who they are - family, husband, wife, kids, friends. Deal with what you can reasonably deal with and cut bait on the rest. The sooner you start earning your freedom the sooner you get to taste the rewards. Quit predicting the outcome, quit short-changing yourself on the opportunities. None of that exists for you right now anyway. Instead, get busy doing what you can today - stop medicating, get sober, open the bills, take stock, cut fat. The march to freedom doesn't last forever... but it doesn't get any shorter by delay. Be methodical. Day by day. Step by step. But stop negotiating on the toxicity you allow yourself to be engulfed by.

Treat yourself with the dignity and respect you deserve.

Best to all-

-B
Old 06-07-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good stuff!!!
Old 06-07-2019, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post. Letting go and acceptance of reality as is is a big part of my mindset and how I live my life in order to be at peace 🙏
Old 06-07-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for that! So true Buckley!
Old 06-07-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I felt like my insides were moving (in a good way) reading that!
Old 06-07-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

That was a marvelous post something for me to really savor and digest. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2019, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for the reminder that nothing really matters except ME staying sober.

Thank you.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for that Buckley

D