Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Drink? Err... no, I’m driving, I’m on meds, Err...?-Weekenders 07 - 10 June 2019

Notices

Drink? Err... no, I’m driving, I’m on meds, Err...?-Weekenders 07 - 10 June 2019

Old 06-07-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

What's up weekend people. Happy Friday morning.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:53 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi Canadian Koala! Nice to have you with us.

Loving all the pics, as usual. Caprice, that beagle looks like he/she could be a model - the one in the flowers looks like it could be a painting. (P sure it's beagle, but looks like it could be a mix, a bit of terrier maybe? do I know anything about dogs? who knows.)

The shamefulness of the entire thing really confuses me, too. As I continue on with my sobriety I think it will fade. I think a lot of it for me also has to do with my age, as I'm 25 and surrounded by people who still like to go out and get drunk at bars. Where alcoholic drinking sometimes is justified. But I was doing it every night. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on this topic because there are several different view points to consider. Thanks all for sharing.

Kaily, I hope your tooth feels better soon. Be careful with abscesses; they can get serious really quickly.

MindfulMan, I hope you have a great time at pride! I miss my city's pride parade every year because I'm working but I'm always there in spirit.

MB, good luck with the break up - as much as good luck can bring you at least.

Also, thanks everyone for the congrats on my zoo job. I'm pretty excited for that raise, haha. I've also found that with sobriety, my head is so much clearer and I'm beginning to see the steps I need to take to move on with my career (or at least some semblance of a pathway). It seems fairly attainable, and I am not wracked with fear every time I think about looking for jobs, potentially going back to school, etc. There is information and networking I can use to my advantage to get where I want to go. I don't feel like I'm in a dead end anymore. Wild how that happens, huh?

One day at a time can build up to a lifetime. And it doesn't seem that scary anymore. Anyway, I will always be glad to wake up hangover free.

Happy Friday, everyone. Have a wonderful day.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:30 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Mid way through my day of doctor checkups and just checking in to say I’m glad I got sober and can now address health issues and I’m finally 68 days sober getting my health in order. First visit was the chiropractor and x rays today. I have no curve in my neck he said, scoliosis and I could see the xrays my WHOLE body is misaligned. Ouch, that’s why I hurt. Anyone have hips, shoulders, legs out of line? Plus forward head, no curve in neck?
Old 06-07-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Finallytime!

I appear to have upset the firm's drama queen at work. Sadly for her it was too late on a Friday afternoon for anyone else to get sucked in to her nonsense. Which of course means it's hometime for me too. Yippee!
Old 06-07-2019, 09:53 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Mr

Don't be upsetting that lady Sao, the worlds her stage

It's pizzeria time here...
Eat sensibly...

Nighty night weekenders
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
download.jpeg (9.5 KB, 67 views)
Old 06-07-2019, 10:10 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm rarely offered alcohol anymore, because I'm very loud and proud of my sobriety. When I am, I just say no thanks, I'm a non-drinker. For some reason this always results in them saying "a non-drinker?", and a conversation sparks.

Anyways, my weekend plans are in limbo because as ya'll know, I like to be outdoors, and it is supposed to storm all weekend. That said, I just signed up for a bowling tournament tonight, and then will play it by ear tomorrow.

Cheers!
Old 06-07-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I've created an epic playlist for this weekend, so I'll be donning my headphones and getting down and dirty (i.e. cleaning). When I was drinking, I didn't like listening to music because my head was already pounding! Looking forward to it!
Old 06-07-2019, 10:30 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

I thought this weeek was never going to end, but it has now, so I'm going to reward myself with a tall glass of Nothing With Alcohol In It.

because why would I want to spoil my weekend?

hope everyone is doing well. welcome any newbies to the thread.

Manta - are you doing anything nice with your week off?
Old 06-07-2019, 11:09 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I’m in!! Hope everyone has a relaxing, fun, and sober weekend!
Old 06-07-2019, 02:07 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I’m in!

People haven't been offering me alcohol lately, but I find that a simple “no thanks” is all it takes.

Fun weekend ahead — my boy is graduating high school tomorrow! I’m looking forward to celebrating this big milestone sober and clear-headed.

Anyway, have a great weekend, sober people!
Old 06-07-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders GreenDog!

It has been good to see a lot of new names this weekend. I have no data for this but I do think that quitting alcohol has become more mainstream in the last few years. I know of one or two muggles (normal drinkers) who dont drink for a month or two at a time and just limit it to special occasions and festive periods such as Christmas or their summer holidays. As I say that is just an impression.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:07 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

lol, 'muggles'...
Old 06-07-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I say "no thank you". If they nag me I have no problem with being rude but so far that hasn't been necessary.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Feeling like a little extra SR could be a good thing this weekend. It's been a long week, so I'm glad that's over. I've got a few things planned, but my stress level is high.

Recognizing a few folks here - always nice to have the friendly "faces" around as much as possible!!!

I usually just say "No thanks" to drinks - I used to think I needed to offer some excuse, but I've found over time that's really not the case.

Glad to be here
Old 06-07-2019, 08:00 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I had a lovely night doing some driving and then watching the 1997 Batman with George Clooney and it’s so wonderfully bad. We also made ice cream sundaes.

I’ll check back in tomorrow morning.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Weekenders , great to see all the new faces!

Saou, I think you’re right. Some people do just drink on special occasions. It always amazed me how people could do that!

Bonnie, enjoy your son’s graduation.

It’s a misty start here this morning, so hopefully we’ll have a brighter day than yesterday.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:17 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Morning all,

I didn't say " No thanks" in my dream last night, quite the opposite. A night of drunken debauchery - so real. Woken up exhausted!

Another rainy day, good for the gardens and wildlife.

I bought a new sofa 7 months ago and I just can't get on with it at all. I am uncomfortable. Thinking of cutting my loses and trying again but this time it will have to be a secondhand one .. outta the frying pan and into the fire? I don't know.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Laqbrador66.

Kaily, maybe you could try getting new cushions made, that would be cheaper than a new one.

Overcast in London. I did a rare jog south today (actually I walked a lot of it). Turned round at the edge of the City of London which for those not familiar with London is the financial district.

Until the early 1980's this area was very dilapidated and was earmarked to be demolished. A few locals resisted and the council had a change of heart. Now the place is gentrified beyond belief. Oh to have bought a place back then, they are easily worth 7 figures now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190608_074708.jpg (50.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 06-07-2019, 11:52 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome MITA, GreenDog, Laqbrador, Finally Time and everyone generally. What a cracker of a thread this weekend. Congrats to your son Bonnie. Good luck with the sofa Kaily. We have been saying we have to change the sofa for the last couple of years... It is hard to change an old loyal sofa that we have lived in...
I found out yesterday that the tour of france is coming through my village in July, that's always fun (for me) as I love the Tour every year.
The weather is looking promising.
Later weekenders
Old 06-08-2019, 12:04 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Vman I think that is half the problem ~ I miss my old sofa but it was really old . Be very careful if/when you do buy a new one, I have heard of several people regretting their new purchases, not just me. I didn't rush in either, over researched as usual, still got it wrong.

Changing the cushions isn't an option Sao as its leather plus its more about the structure .. think a sledgehammer might help.
Beautiful street but think they could do with some hanging baskets and window boxes, imagine it adorned with flowers