Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Drink? Err... no, I’m driving, I’m on meds, Err...?-Weekenders 07 - 10 June 2019

Notices

Drink? Err... no, I’m driving, I’m on meds, Err...?-Weekenders 07 - 10 June 2019

Old 06-06-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Wonder how much those houses there on the bay go for? 5-6 mil? More?
More. For sure. Ahhh the land of Google, Amazon and soooo many other bazillionaires.

The land behind my parents house just sold for 5 mil. One acre. They just tear the old houses down and build 10m mansions. There are only 2 left on our street that are the original guard. And that's going to change in the next few years. Now my entire old neighborhood will be McMansions.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

MLD ~

Re: San Fran Housing costs, get out your Checkbook. Below, see details on a SF Parking Lot for sale for a low, low ~$3 Mil. ~42' x 100' [13 Meters x 30 Meters].

EDIT: What Entropy just said...

~ Ravioli Parking Lot Sale ~

I was BS'ing yesterday with the RV Park HandyDude about building around here. ~$100 K and up just to get various Permits to start. Water. Septic. Assorted Coastal and Wetland Runoff/Bird Migration Regulations. Earthquake-Resistant Construction. WHICH is why I built in Redneck Nation in a CO County with no Regs. Do whatever you want. Didn't even need Architectural Drawings, or Sign-offs, for the House Plans I developed myself on a $30- Software Package from 'Sam's Club'. Seriously over-built our Solar Retirement House on 80 Acres of Mesa-top.

Come to think of it, building in this area would provide yet another response as to why you're not drinking:

'Because I can't afford it anymore'!
Old 06-06-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Hope things get better soon MB

D
Old 06-06-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

When younger peer pressure was horrible and could induce me to drink when I really didn't want to. As I got older I drank when I wanted to and maybe was asked not to. (see the paradox). Towards the end, I simply turned it down and said no thanks. No excuses, not "reasons", I didn't drink because I didn't want to and I didn't need to justify that to anyone.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

[img] Finally a sun filled day!

Idk Mags, it's like I automatically admit I have a problem by adding to the "Thanks, I'm good" line I use things like, "...I used to drink." or, "...I quit...I got help there...I just took my naltrexone." it differs to who's asking or crowd. But, it's so open here no one has ever mocked, pursued it, or tried to convince me to have a drink after. On the contrary, everyone is apologetic like it was their fault and it's written on my forehead. Idk if it's only cuz they're Canadians (being sorry) but I want to cut it out because the last thing I want is pity. Mock me, shame me, push me but don't feel sorry for me!
I even mentioned I quit drinking at my new job. The girl was cool about it and in awe, yes! For once. I'm shameless about it.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Final note

To conclude my thoughts about not feeling ashamed is that I why should I be? I'm not the one guzzling poison down my throat about to lose my senses. No judgement intended, but I'm proud not to drink and 99% of the time I'm not afraid to let it be known.
Besides, when they hear you have the "disease," they will leave it alone. There's nothing to be ashamed about, but of course I didn't mention it at my interview with the boss, and that is probably cuz she didn't offer me a drink.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Will catch up tomorrow but it was another good sober day. Walked with my sister and it was nice.

Night everyone!
Old 06-06-2019, 09:47 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
When younger peer pressure was horrible and could induce me to drink when I really didn't want to. As I got older I drank when I wanted to and maybe was asked not to. (see the paradox). Towards the end, I simply turned it down and said no thanks. No excuses, not "reasons", I didn't drink because I didn't want to and I didn't need to justify that to anyone.
I really like this post Thomas.

Count me in for a sober, sunny Miami weekend!!!!!
Old 06-06-2019, 10:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Weekenders

Caprice, I’m loving the photos of the doggies, the weather looks great too!

Up at the crack of dawn, pleased to say it’s another sober day for me. The days soon mount up to years and it’s good to know I was ‘present’ for them, not out of it, as I would’ve with booze.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Mr

Another sober day ere too.
Morning all
Old 06-06-2019, 11:13 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Been up since 5. Looks like rain. On antibiotics for a tooth abscess. All good.

Dentist asked me how much alcohol I drink, I said I had given up. I nearly told him exactly how many months it was and expected congrats but of course he had no idea what a big deal it was and made no comment.

Happy Friday
Old 06-06-2019, 11:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, sometimes we want to just shout it from the rooftops! , hope you’re not in too much pain with the abscess.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:16 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning all. Happy Friday.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:39 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Not had a chance to read the thread yet so will catch up later and hope everyone is well.

Last day before a week of lovely holiday from work so can’t wait till 5pm! xx
Old 06-07-2019, 03:43 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Mr

Found a good one :
Attached Images
Old 06-07-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Mr

Bon seen as its friday :
Attached Images
Old 06-07-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Congrats on the promotion, dpac, I know you've been excited and hoping to get it. I think working at the Zoo must be really great!

So very close to having a functioning bathroom sink. This weekend for sure. Got the plumming all worked out in a trial assembly last night. Just need to pickup a couple of new connectors and I'll be happy. This vanity has been a real trial in patience for me.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:55 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I think I’m going to say “Nah, I’m getting too old for that, don’t have it in me to deal with hangovers anymore; I’ll let the young do the partying now”
Old 06-07-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!

Count me in! ☼
Old 06-07-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Vman. I don't know about that chicken meme.

FRIDAY. At least here in the States it's Friday.

The day when people are talking excitedly about their weekend plans and when I was newly sober that was uncomfortable for me.

I used to feel sorry for myself for not being able to drink. Now I feel gratitude for not having to drink and for having found my way out. I admit the temptation is there to say to people, "But you'd have so much more fun camping without the four bottles of Jack." I know better than to say that, but it's what goes through my mind.

So...construction...it poured rain yesterday and my bedroom window deposited water puddles indoors. This is the second window that has done that.

Is it over yet?