Notices

Addicted to Watermelon since my detox

Old 06-06-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
My first few months I was addicted to ice cream....so.....I'm jealous of you.
But I read you lost 44 lbs anyway....so it doesn't matter..as long as we stay sober...I tell myself that everyday with everything I do....say or BUY...at least I'M SOBER. LOL
Old 06-06-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kk1k5x View Post
Yeah, I chugged Mentos, because it was chewy, too.

Guess if I had added Coke, I'd been rocket man simply due the amount of Mentos I ingested in the first 10 days.
I honestly never had Mentos..I hear many people in recovery talk about them tho and mixing them with coke a cola!
Old 06-06-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vxper View Post
Mine was baked goods (donuts, cookies, anything sweet really). Now I'm back on the diet as my A1C spiked expectantly (also a diabetic). My doctor wasn't too concerned and was just happy that I have stayed sober.
vxper...yes your A1C can always be brought down....alcohol only brings us down and out...and eat all the donuts you want..I had a donut yesterday for the first time in like 5 years! LOL
Old 06-06-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 View Post
Not sure why I just thought of this but just remembered all those Budlight Ritas I used to drink when dead broke and one was watermelon flavor. They were strong 8 percent cheap at 7 11 but so full of garbage would always feel awful the next day. Think I am going to get some
real watermelon today you for sure put me in the mood and they are on sale!
Newbegining I was drinking the "nips" of Watermelon vodka which I didn't think of until right now...but eating the real Watermelon tastes nothing like that crap...I buy it if it is on sale or not....I need to get more today ..LOL
Old 06-06-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
thats really weird a DOG liked Watermelon
Really? I remember as a kid eating watermelon in the yard and throwing the rinds to my Golden Retrievers, they loved it.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I love watermelon too. I have a hard time eating an entire one tho so I blend up leftover in my vitamix and use it as a base for beverages. Add sparkling water, or certain types of herbal teas to it. Yummy. I also add cubes to regular water with some mint for an infused thingy.

I made one with the blended watermelon, seltzer and blackberry flavor. So delish. Then my daughter had to ruin it by saying, 'This would be good with vodka'. Yah. I'm sure it would BUT.....she was obviously just joking around. I've been sober long enough now that we can joke. Progress? In its weird way, yes.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My favorite treat since newly Sober is definitely Frozen Grapes 🍇🍇

My LP and I have purchased them from the market sometimes 5 bags/visit and finish them in 2-3 days!!

Congrats on your Sobriety!!
Old 06-06-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by entropy1964 View Post
I love watermelon too. I have a hard time eating an entire one tho so I blend up leftover in my vitamix and use it as a base for beverages. Add sparkling water, or certain types of herbal teas to it. Yummy. I also add cubes to regular water with some mint for an infused thingy.

I made one with the blended watermelon, seltzer and blackberry flavor. So delish. Then my daughter had to ruin it by saying, 'This would be good with vodka'. Yah. I'm sure it would BUT.....she was obviously just joking around. I've been sober long enough now that we can joke. Progress? In its weird way, yes.

WOW what a bunch of good ideas for the Watermelon..except the Vodka idea...but I get being able to joke about it when you have long term sobriety..

I'm going to infuse some mint...yum
Old 06-06-2019, 09:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KTB5000 View Post
My favorite treat since newly Sober is definitely Frozen Grapes 🍇🍇

My LP and I have purchased them from the market sometimes 5 bags/visit and finish them in 2-3 days!!

Congrats on your Sobriety!!
LOL...frozen grapes? Yes, whatever works....
I have never tried them...if I have them next time I will freeze some
Old 06-06-2019, 01:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Apples for me. Learnt a whole lot about the different types the last few weeks!
Old 06-06-2019, 06:40 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
Apples for me. Learnt a whole lot about the different types the last few weeks!
yes, there is something about the crisp juicy fruits that are very soothing.

I don't have good teeth to chew apples (thanks to alcohol)....I like apples too so an apple pie might work!
Old 06-07-2019, 02:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm just now back on another day 2. So far, watermelon has been the only thing I could eat as well. You're right it's just a burst of refreshing, simple taste that you can hold down. Congrats on your sobriety!
Old 06-07-2019, 03:04 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Watermelon has lots of Vitamins, especially C which is so important in all forms of recovery.
Frozen watermelon is an awesome treat. We do it when we go camping.
I don't think I was very healthy in my food choices at first, definitely not drink choices, I mixed every syrup with club soda I could find. Now I do an Italian soda only for special occasions and stick with diet drinks or water. Watermelon is a good thing to be addicted to!
Old 06-07-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nadt View Post
I'm just now back on another day 2. So far, watermelon has been the only thing I could eat as well. You're right it's just a burst of refreshing, simple taste that you can hold down. Congrats on your sobriety!
Ugh..Day 2 is always the worst for me...I think cause the alcohol has fully left my system by then and I am a mess of emotions and I sympathize with you that you are on Day 2....

But it DOES get better in the next couple of days...and yes when my sister is ready to recover from alcohol...I will be bringing her some Watermelon as well.

Keep going...routing for you. I'm on Day 10 now and feel SO much better...actually have a full day planned...the first 5 days I could not leave the house...I was so weak and exhausted from what I did to my body....or what the ALCOHOL did to my body.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyLittleHorsie View Post
Watermelon has lots of Vitamins, especially C which is so important in all forms of recovery.
Frozen watermelon is an awesome treat. We do it when we go camping.
I don't think I was very healthy in my food choices at first, definitely not drink choices, I mixed every syrup with club soda I could find. Now I do an Italian soda only for special occasions and stick with diet drinks or water. Watermelon is a good thing to be addicted to!
hi..yes I was reading about Watermelon last night and it also has some nutrient that converts to Vitamin A...and then I researched Vitamin A.

Vitamin A is good for the immune system, kidney, liver and other organs in our bodies....the complete opposite of alcohol!
Old 06-07-2019, 12:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support

Ugh..Day 2 is always the worst for me...I think cause the alcohol has fully left my system by then and I am a mess of emotions and I sympathize with you that you are on Day 2....

But it DOES get better in the next couple of days...and yes when my sister is ready to recover from alcohol...I will be bringing her some Watermelon as well.

Keep going...routing for you. I'm on Day 10 now and feel SO much better...actually have a full day planned...the first 5 days I could not leave the house...I was so weak and exhausted from what I did to my body....or what the ALCOHOL did to my body.
Thank you for the support. I'm working on day 3 today. I'm so excited for your 10 days! Thanks for sharing that you couldn't leave the house.... I keep reading about people and the things they're doing in suggesting exercise, but I can hardly move right now. I started a load of laundry but then had to lay down.

I have a watermelon, but I don't have the energy to cut it right now. I'm trying to convince myself to do it because it will be so rewarding after....plus, I need to eat something.

thanks again for the support and keep up your great work!!!
Old 06-07-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

good fiber and water and for your system to wash out toxic elements. prayers and love...

I was SO ...so ....so sick last week when I started to detox....I could not even think about food....

My son had Watermelon chunks in the fridge he had cut up the night before and I was on Day 1 of sobriety...my stomach was growling for food but the thought of putting food in my mouth made me want to hurl.

I took a bite of Watermelon that day and it was a nice cold burst of water.....with very little "flavor" so I did not gag....I finished off his Watermelon that day.

And I swear in the 8 days I have been sober and day 5 back to regular food .....I have probably eaten 2 whole Watermelons by MYSELF...LOL.

Showing up at the market for a Watermelon.....BEATS showing up at the packy at 8am for some booze.....
Old 06-07-2019, 05:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back nadt

D
Old 06-07-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nadt View Post
Thank you for the support. I'm working on day 3 today. I'm so excited for your 10 days! Thanks for sharing that you couldn't leave the house.... I keep reading about people and the things they're doing in suggesting exercise, but I can hardly move right now. I started a load of laundry but then had to lay down.

I have a watermelon, but I don't have the energy to cut it right now. I'm trying to convince myself to do it because it will be so rewarding after....plus, I need to eat something.

thanks again for the support and keep up your great work!!!
Of course and just keep at it because you will feel better in a couple of days...

Literally no one in my family understands and they get so MAD that it takes me so long to recover from a binge...too bad...when you can't move...and you have almost killed yourself with alcohol....you have to NOT worry about anything or anyone until you feel well enough to do so.

Thinking of you..hope your hanging in.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Interesting. For me it was roast beef and swiss sandwiches with lettuce and horseradish. Crazy.