Notices

Never seen a “successful” relapser

Old 06-02-2019, 12:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

My (dormant) post looks slightly patronising looking back so apologies for this.

I agree cravings will be there. They are in my case albeit much reduced after five months. The difference this time is I finally accept moderation is impossible for me, and that “one” drink will be extremely dangerous. I still maintain it’s acceptable to talk about relapses and the dangers of so-called moderation was
Old 06-02-2019, 12:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
can anyone go from dependency/heavy drinking to genuine moderation?

in 2006 a man in new zealand survived a 15,000 foot fall from an airplane when his parachute malfunctioned. outside of a concussion, he was unharmed.

in 1972 a flight attendant survived a fall when a bomb exploded in the plane.......at 33,330 feet.....in the air. she was the sole survivor.

raise your hand if you want to see if you too are in that exclusive club. i mean SOME people have, right? but is it worth the risk?
Very nice analogies.

I'm not good at math, but I don't like the odds associated with my trying to drink socially.

When I drank, I wasn't even interested in social drinking - just getting drunk.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I have always been a "Take it to the limit" person. My most favorite high was acid. I learned early on that you took whatever dose you wanted and adding to it later was a waste of drug. That led to me taking relatively large doses to get the massive experience I craved.

Alcohol has been even worse for me. A sip makes me feel better. That makes me want just one more sip to feel just a wee bit better. Nope! Dosen't work. There ain't no wee bit better. It's none or too much.

There's an AA saying (For me AA/god crap sux but some of the sayings are good) that there is no such thing as one drink. One drink is far to many and a hundred is not enough. Definitely True!!!
Old 06-03-2019, 07:30 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I personally am not able to do this nor do I want to try.

I actually know 2 people who were very heavy drinkers, like 9 months straight drunk every day all day to maybe twice a month and its 4 beers and done.
So, is it possible? Yes.

I believe it is all in the mind if one is able to control it and the urges great. If you are like me and it gets to be too much and the thought doesn't stop once that first one hits your mouth, don't even try it.

This in no WAY is telling anyone to try this method or experiment, we are all here for the same reason. We believe we are alcoholics, no need to test the water.