Notices

Lucid dream AV in full throttle

Old 05-31-2019, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lucid dream AV in full throttle

Still in early sobriety and just woke up in middle of night will be day 22. Thought I was passed this lucid dream stage but wow my AV is in full force and feeling pretty exhausted again. In dream was drinking and doing lines of coke, felt so real I assumed i had broken my sobriety. Not only that my friend is yelling at me day after in dream and is like what are you doing you are doing so well. I tell him in dream I only had a little bit and that I got it under control! Talk about messing with my mind!
Old 06-01-2019, 12:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lucid dreams happen to almost everyone - I still get then sometimes, tho not with any drinking in them now lol.

I didn't put too much meaning to them - I dreamed of high school for along item after I left it. but I never wanted to go back there

D
Old 06-01-2019, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love dreaming..especially the alcohol dreams because you wake up feeling so guilty like you really DID it that you don't want to do it anymore....congrats on Day 22...or wherever you are now I didn't notice the date this was written cause i'm only on Day 4....so tired.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been clean & sober for a few years now (thank God).

I recently had a very vivid dream that I stole some pot from Hillary Clinton. Bizarre, yes. I didn't read anything into it... just a wild, out-of-nowhere, bizarre dream.

Kind of fun, really.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
I love dreaming..especially the alcohol dreams because you wake up feeling so guilty like you really DID it that you don't want to do it anymore....congrats on Day 22...or wherever you are now I didn't notice the date this was written cause i'm only on Day 4....so tired.
I like coming to my senses 2 minutes after I wake up from one of those, and think, "Gee; Wow, Damn. I'm glad that was only a dream." Then it's kind of fun thinking about how emotional and real a dream can be, but during the dream itself I can't say I experience anything more than anger, remorse, and self hate.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know those dreams so well. some are so real. "Oh crap, I've got to hide this bottle/joint. And wake up to find out that I didn't fall off after all.

Others are people offering me stuff and I am thinking - can I get away with it. Will anyone find out. And waking up to be glad I didn't jump at the chance.

Maybe it is a subconcious comtitment. Mabe it's fear. And sometimes I really want to take advantage of what the dream offers. Sometimes I perhaps do. But I realish those dreams for two reasons.

First, I can enjoy the posibility without the consequences - if I did indulge, it's only in my dreams. Second, when I decline to indulge, it re-affirms my commitment.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RDBplus3 View Post
I recently had a very vivid dream that I stole some pot from Hillary Clinton.
That takes the cake. Hilarious.