Notices

Class of June Part 1 2019

Old 06-17-2019, 01:45 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Day 7 for me.
this time last week I was off and I wasted the entire day drinking. Today, totally different.
Went into work early, good day at work, met family, lots of walking. Now I am pretty tired but I've prepped my meals for tomorrow.and I'm feeling good about that. Lots on for tomorrow but I feel that being sober just makes me better, more efficient. I'm not hiding in my living room, wasting time getting drunk. I'm getting out and about, enjoying proper meals, not junk.
Good evening everyone :-)
Old 06-17-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

2 days is heaven, 7 days is a miracle.....so well done. s

I'm not hiding in my living room
Isn't that just the most liberating feeling on the planet????

And hello dear Strawberry, so good to see you again.
Since I interloped in the April19 class thread, I have been thinking about you....so happy you are in this class thread. This group is smart and motivated and kinda special. s
Old 06-17-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Well done zombie. We have the same date so let’s make sure in a years time we can celebrate it together!

Welcome to the newcomers!

MF well done on getting your place. Will keep an eye out for how you are doing.

Nearly 2 weeks Nadt. Nice work!
Old 06-17-2019, 04:40 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hi all, lots of posting around here past day or so, 's nice.
Long day at work but doing well. Skipped the gym - too tired, but also skipped the room service wine, hotel bar and off licence... Day 17 and starting to sleep better again.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:37 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Well done Calitano.

Skipping the gym on a Monday is just fine.....making the rest of the week terrible by hitting the bar....a huge disaster.....so

Old 06-17-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Day 7 woot woot! I am thankful and proud I worked so hard to get here.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:48 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats 24Violets

D
Old 06-17-2019, 09:27 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

I'm joining this class on Day 1. Tomorrow is my Day 1 after drinking on and off again for three weeks.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:35 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hi all. Day 3 today jittery and anxious. I called in sick to work today and dreading tomorrow. I have gone to AA before and have long stretches (months) of being sober but always convince myself I can have a few drinks. When I am sober for weeks or months and start feeling good is when bad things happen.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:39 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome dad3

D
Old 06-17-2019, 09:53 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome dad3

D
Thank you Dee74, it is helpful reading everyone's posts
Old 06-17-2019, 10:41 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Welcome, Dad3. I'm glad you joined us!

Congrats on a week, Violets!

Just checking in, June class! Hoping everyone is staying strong and sober. We've got this!
Old 06-17-2019, 10:55 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hello.

This isn't my first class and this isn't my first Day one....

Congrats to all those who are sober and have some progress behind you!
Old 06-17-2019, 11:10 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Well done zombie. We have the same date so let’s make sure in a years time we can celebrate it together!
Sounds like a plan Pete! I've never done a year sober, I've done just over a month in the pasto but would love to see what I'd be like after a year both physically and mentally!:-)

Start of day 8, morning walk with the dog done, showered, good breakfast and about ready to go get the bus to work.
Hope everyone has a good day
Old 06-17-2019, 11:35 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newcomers. Some familiar faces

Congrats on your week Violets and everyone else on your days.

Day 3. Slept a bit better last night. I have blood sugar issues/verge of Type 2 diabetes. I have to lose weight and if I follow a v strict diet I can control it. Problem is in the early days of sobriety I just want to eat carbs I did yesterday and my blood sugar reading is high this morning.

Today I'm going to make some healthier food choices. though difficult when I just want to eat cheese on toast and Haagen Daaz
Old 06-18-2019, 02:22 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Not my first class or first day 1 either but here I am and ready to give up alcohol completely
Old 06-18-2019, 02:47 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Day 39 here!Hope everyone is having a good sober morning afternoon or night depending on where you are on the globe. Just had a question for the class. Why is alcohol so important? I 100 percent understand the mental gymnastics of hey maybe I can have just a few and things go steeply down hill from there as I have done that more times than Gilligan has attempts getting off the island! But in the past I personally have been wandering aimless through life with no real family or significant other, frankly did not give a crap about anything. Recently I have found purpose in life was kind of hard before with my BPD as often felt empty. Can't one make their purpose being the best father/mother they can be for their kids just as an example as I often hear stories about alcoholics losing their families. If ones kids and family are so important how is drinking even a consideration. Lets say you can moderate somehow you won't be the best parents possible as even non alcoholic parents who drink i have found are often off doing dumb things. I think it is comparing apples to apples but not 100 percent, I grew up in a hoarder household which seriously screwed me up as the newspapers and clutter were more important than me. If one does have significant others and people that depend on them how in the world can one be so selfish. Not attacking anyone here but why is drinking so important that one chooses that over their kids and family. I for the life of me could never understand that. If you want to drink your own life away I could understand that at least but to take the ones you love down around you just seems awful to me!
Old 06-18-2019, 03:05 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 2 and feeling very positive and determined.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:05 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

New-When you're under the cloud of booze, that's what alcoholism is. I have been so blessed in my life, and am about to be blessed again, but then come the thoughts that maybe I can have a little booze to enjoy this special event and then the alcoholism kicks in. The intention is never to be selfish or to hurt the ones we love. This disease is hard and is why we are all here. Trying not to be selfish or hurt the ones we love, and eventually stop hurting ourselves. Just trying to explain from my own experience.

Day 3 here. Feeling a little better all the time. Eating everything in sight. Getting quite a few people in this class. Welcome all and hoping for best results for all.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Good for you Andy!