SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of June Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438960-class-june-part-1-2019-a.html)

Red78 06-18-2019 05:55 PM

Day 14 and finally starting to get over my head cold.. Not much to report as I've not had any cravings, my cold has taken care of that..

Purina 06-18-2019 07:23 PM

Day 3 for me and bedtime. Was very hard day, I even turned suicidal for about 3 hours. See my post history for more info.

But feeling better now. Congrats to all celebrants.

DJ1 06-18-2019 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 (Post 7208994)
I'm off to rehab in 24 hours. I'll have no access to digital media while I'm there so I won't be around the forums for at least another month. Thanks for all the support I've gotten from the class and others and please know I'm pulling for every one of us to experience and grow in a new sober life!

Today is going to be hard, packing things up, making decisions on what to keep around, facing the hard truth of the next steps in my life. I'll be busy but plan to stick close to the forums to keep me on track.

Have a great sober day

see you in a month so glad you are getting this help good luck!

Dee74 06-18-2019 08:40 PM

Glad to hear you're doing better Purina. Congrats on 2 weeks red :)

D

Petecrab 06-18-2019 09:49 PM

Good to hear Purina. Your post concerned me and I read it a few times. Hit me up anytime you are feeling that low if you want a chat. Don’t let this destroy you

Erratic 06-18-2019 10:48 PM

day 2 and so im with u citrus x

not much to say this morn, its my last day off then back to work in morn.

god there is so much talk about cheese, guess i will have to have a cheese toastie oh and u all have to try orkney cheese xx

ReadyAtLast 06-19-2019 12:00 AM

Morning all
Welcome back Citrus

Glad you're feeling better Purina, I hope you get a decent sleep.

Orkney cheese sounds good erratic. I'm in Scotland too tho never tried that.

Congrats on 2 weeks Red :)

Off to get my lunch ingredients for later - it has to be cheese and eggs I think :) Hope your omelette was yummy Venus :)

Have a good day everyone

NewDayNewMe 06-19-2019 12:53 AM

Morning all,

Day 2 for me, yesterday seemed like the longest day ever. Was not able to sleep at all and had bad shakes and muscle spasms. Hope it gets a bit easier today. I'm determined to quit for good.

Cheers,

Andy.

andy1 06-19-2019 01:10 AM

Day 3 - still feeling motivated and excited by my new sober life.

I had a think back on my life last night. I'm 42. I realised I spent 14 years of my life growing and learning, 14 years working hard with alcohol just a minor drag. Then completely wasting the last 14 years due to alcohol and gambling addictions.

Amazing how so much time can disappear in a haze. I've decided not to waste another moment for the rest of my life, and to return to the things that I truly enjoy in life.

Dee74 06-19-2019 02:00 AM

Kudos to everyone committing to another sober day :)

D

bobdrop 06-19-2019 02:17 AM

Good morning all. Day 4 here. Can't really complain about how I'm doing physically. Have a lot going on which keeps my mind racing at night.

I don't have anything to say about cheese, but I really am hoping that anyone still suffering from physical discomfort find relief soon.

Zombie79 06-19-2019 02:18 AM

Day 9 for me.
I've never been an early morning person but I seem to be turning into one. Probably sitting up all hours drinking made it near impossible to be someone who enjoys mornings but I really am beginning to love my routine. Getting out for a walk with the dog was great today, sun was up and I truly appreciate being able in my sobriety to do these things that I probably took for granted for far too long.
I've also noticed that I'm not being as wasteful. I would drink then go out to the shop (for more drink) but also with the drunken idea-" I'll quit tomorrow and be healthy"- so I'd buy loads of fruit, veg,yoghurts,meals etc. Then I'd forget about them and they'd go off in my fridge and it was just a total waste of food,money, time.
This week I've been a lot better. I'm using up the eggs,bacon, oranges and apples. I'm cooking and cleaning more. It's tiring me out but it's better for me. When I think of what I used to be like, it's a waste of my time. I'd come home, take the dog out for 10 minutes then spend the next 5-6 hours sitting drinking, watching crap on TV. I've noticed this last week, I've not been watching as much because I've been busy, focusing on me. And I feel great.

MovingForward1 06-19-2019 05:27 AM

Keep it up June classmates! I look forward to checking in on this thread in 28 days when I successfully complete treatment.
Thanks for all the support

Newbeginning421 06-19-2019 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 (Post 7209880)
Keep it up June classmates! I look forward to checking in on this thread in 28 days when I successfully complete treatment.
Thanks for all the support

Good Luck in treatment have a great 28 days!

Newbeginning421 06-19-2019 05:49 AM

Day 40, been feeling a little tired again but much less than my initial fatigue. Seems to come in waves and less each time. Probably the body's natural way of healing and mentally I am doing much better. Have been losing weight and feel much healthier. Have still been procrastinating and today going to start teaching myself DBT. DBT was specifically designed for BPD but also is very effective at treating substance abuse problems as well as it focuses on accepting the situation impulsiveness and not giving into stresses. Really need to clean up this place and start working on things but still remaining patient. Hope everyone has a good sober day!

venuscat 06-19-2019 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Red78 (Post 7209592)
Being from NZ I have to agree, cheddar from the UK is much better. I have been to cheddar before and done cheese tastings, they are divine although my body reacts to it and I have like a hot flush when I eat cheddar..

Gosh, duhhh, I forgot you are from NZ. :biggrin:

But Mainland Vintage Tasty....you don't like that one?? I would just about kill at this stage to eat that cheese again.....droooool.

Catching up on all of your posts....then having cheese on toast. NZ cheese. ;)

:grouphug:

venuscat 06-19-2019 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Purina (Post 7209638)
Day 3 for me and bedtime. Was very hard day, I even turned suicidal for about 3 hours. See my post history for more info.

But feeling better now. Congrats to all celebrants.

Oh gosh.....so much love. And absolutely I will look at your posts. :hug:
I hope you have been able to speak with someone....and I hope that today is a far better day for you. :hug: ♥

venuscat 06-19-2019 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Erratic (Post 7209720)
day 2 and so im with u citrus x

not much to say this morn, its my last day off then back to work in morn.

god there is so much talk about cheese, guess i will have to have a cheese toastie oh and u all have to try orkney cheese xx

I am afraid it is all my fault....I am way too cheesy. :)

NorthernLass 06-19-2019 06:35 AM

Venuscat, we can get Mainland Vintage Tasty quite readily here and yes... it is from NZ and I like it. I forgot about that one! But I still stand by good old English cheeses, Mature Cheddar, Lancashire, Cheshire, Stilton....

All this cheese talk...I am off to get some cheese and crackers.... I found I recipe a few years ago to make your own crackers for cheese, flour, salt, olive oil and I add herbs. Yum yum!

venuscat 06-19-2019 06:40 AM

Yum.... :)

So much dedicated recovery here....and yes, the muscle cramps and shakes ease up, and really you are all doing so so well. I love the communication in this group.

And more love and God Bless dear MF.....I think this is going to be a wonderful life-changing experience. :hug:

:grouphug: