SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of June Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438960-class-june-part-1-2019-a.html)

NorthernLass 06-18-2019 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7209277)
Hmmmm......where are you love? As in what country? :)
I am getting sharp NZ cheddar, I don't like the mild ones, and I didn't know about English cheddar as such....off to see what I can get here. :) Thank you xx :hug:

I prefer not to say where I am.... But glad you are having sharp cheddar!! Mild is just tasteless! Enjoy your cheese Gromit! ;)

Zombie79 06-18-2019 11:09 AM

Day 8
started early and getting used to my routine. Work was good and I can see how I'm being more efficient in work too which I'm happy with.

Only downside of past two days is that I am feeling a bit more tired. I don't know whether it's because I am more busy, I'm probably engaging my brain more too lol

Anyway, looking forward to hitting double digits because it's another step!

Caprice6 06-18-2019 11:13 AM

No.

venuscat 06-18-2019 11:22 AM

Sorry to ask dear NorthernLass. :hug:
And thank you once again, I found sharp Australian cheddar just now. You lead me to it. :) :hug:

I was SO very tired for the entire first month: I think lots of us are. Our bodies and every part of us are recovering, and sleep is healing. :hug:

Caprice....are you alright? :hug:

ReadyAtLast 06-18-2019 12:28 PM

Wishing you all the best MovingfOrward. May this be the start of a new life for you :)

timetotry1 06-18-2019 12:44 PM

Just checking in. End of day 3

Feeling tired but struggling to get good sleep , also feeling irritated and finding myself let it show a little at work......nothing too bad just a little quick to get annoyed.

I heard back from the recovery counsellor and have a appointment next week, so am a bit worried about what will come of that....but guess (hope) it can only be positive.

I do not have the concentration span at the moment to do much - my mind just refocuses on this..so I am going to go to bed and hope for a good nights sleep.

Best wishes to all of you.

ReadyAtLast 06-18-2019 12:49 PM

Ah cheese, the wonder food. :) When I was pregnant I had gestational diabetes and most things I ate made my blood sugar rise and rise and rise. except the beautiful cheese :) No sugar in cheese and now I eat it too and blood sugar stays stable. Obviously full of fat but you don't need much of it to feel full. Chicken and cheese, steak and cheese, lobster and cheese. cheese on its own.

I'm with you on this Northernlass. A nice piece of extra mature cheddar perfect. I'm a bit obsessed:)

Citrus 06-18-2019 12:53 PM

Hi all. Back to day 2. At this point I don't know what to say. But I will be sober today.

ReadyAtLast 06-18-2019 12:54 PM

Day 3 coming to a close. I'm a bit cross too TTT1 and taking it out on people at work. Just tried to keep my head down today really. Feeling really tired too. I fell asleep in the car waiting for my son to come out of after school sports club today!

Apart from that , eaten v badly again today but not beating myself up about it. I think it's important to listen to our bodies in the first few days a not drinking has to be the most important thing.

Thanks again for being with us Venus :)

How are you Caprice? Did you go to the victory parade?

MovingForward1 06-18-2019 12:59 PM

Ahhhh - eating badly. Guilty here!

timetotry1 06-18-2019 01:26 PM

RAL and Movingforward...yep eating badly as well. Giving myself a break on that front for a while...as you say it's not the priority...

Daytrippin 06-18-2019 01:53 PM

Same! My clothes are feeling tight ughhhh. Sobriety first though, right? There's plenty of time to worry about weight - one support group at a time :lmao
D.

ReadyAtLast 06-18-2019 02:02 PM

My thoughts exactly. Even once I get to the weekend and hopefully feel better then will start proper walking, exercise and eating more healthily. I find eating well on work days very difficult as we have a cafe on site which does home baking every morning, cakes, cream cakes, scones, ice cream and many other delicious treats :(

Petecrab 06-18-2019 03:37 PM

Hate to run it in but one of my good customers works at a cheese company and brings me as much as I want. Last week he brought in extra mature English cheddar (5kg) and wookey hole cheddar (5kg) oh and 2..5kg of parmasan. How on earth am I going to eat all that before it goes off?!

Anyway, work was busy today and managed a sneaky 4 mile run after.

I’ve decided I’m going to take a picture of myself in the same place every day so I can see the physical changes as well as mental changes. Think it will help with motivation, not that I am lacking any motivation at the moment!!

venuscat 06-18-2019 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Citrus (Post 7209399)
Hi all. Back to day 2. At this point I don't know what to say. But I will be sober today.

Just love and so much happiness to see you today my beautiful friend. :hug:

venuscat 06-18-2019 03:46 PM

Awesome idea Pete. :)

Off to make dinner....omelettes, but no cheese. It was my dad's thing.....it is wurst, (kosher, it has to be for me), and tomato.....I cook the salami first a little as my dad taught me, then it has an awesome flavour in the omelette....lots of tomato, good-quality eggs.....better stop talking now....hungry husband. :) :hug: s

Calitano 06-18-2019 04:40 PM

Day 18.
They're just cravings right? They're not going to kill me. :-)

Dee74 06-18-2019 04:59 PM

You can get through them calitano :)
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html

welcome newdaynewme :)

and welcome back citrus - do you want to share what you do for your recovery? we might be able to help suggest other things?.

all the very best movingforward - we're rooting for you :)

congrats to everyone on their milestones today :)

D

Red78 06-18-2019 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by NorthernLass (Post 7209268)
Really venuscat?? New Zealand cheddar? Maybe I am just being picky as we can only get mild NZ cheddar here. IMHO Mature English cheddar is far superior to NZ cheddar! :D :D

Being from NZ I have to agree, cheddar from the UK is much better. I have been to cheddar before and done cheese tastings, they are divine although my body reacts to it and I have like a hot flush when I eat cheddar..

Red78 06-18-2019 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Petecrab (Post 7209507)
Hate to run it in but one of my good customers works at a cheese company and brings me as much as I want. Last week he brought in extra mature English cheddar (5kg) and wookey hole cheddar (5kg) oh and 2..5kg of parmasan. How on earth am I going to eat all that before it goes off?!
!!

You can cut it up and freeze it..