Notices

Class of June Part 1 2019

Old 06-14-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Really enjoy reading all the messages. It's so inspiring. ANd I am cheering everyone on.

I'm on day 4. Feeling a bit of anxiety tonight (withdrawal I guess), but otherwise have been feeling good. I was always a binge drinker, so I was used to going a few days between binges with little or no drinks. But I start getting the cravings and withdrawal anxiety after 4 days and up to about 14 days if I recall last time correctly.

I've been going to bed early and getting lots of sleep (although tossing and turning all night). Feeling pretty good though.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:50 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

HI, I've been dipping in and out of this class all month but now need to start posting properly and regularly and stay accountable.

Fed up of feeling sick and tired all the time. Day 2
Old 06-15-2019, 01:40 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

was feeling super shaky this morning, had to have about 5. was either that or go to emerg. this night havent slept again but i think the shakes are subsiding. havent done this in a while but you only gotta go through them once right?
Old 06-15-2019, 01:48 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

gotta be honest - I think its safer to go to the ER than it is to futz around in the very inexact science of maintenance drinking - but hopefully you won't have to make the choice again Grimes

Good to see you back RAL

D
Old 06-15-2019, 02:05 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

quick hi as have wedding today and to stay still here with u all

have good day and will catch up with u all when can xx
Old 06-15-2019, 02:13 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
gotta be honest - I think its safer to go to the ER than it is to futz around in the very inexact science of maintenance drinking - but hopefully you won't have to make the choice again Grimes

Good to see you back RAL

D
no now dont think i need the er, think im through the toughest part of the detox. now just need to work on the hardest part dee.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:38 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, good to be back properly.

Hope the wedding goes well Erratic and you have a good escape plan if needed. (Assuming it's not your wedding )
Old 06-15-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post

Hope the wedding goes well Erratic and you have a good escape plan if needed. (Assuming it's not your wedding )
This made me laugh out loud in real life
Old 06-15-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Day 36 here can feel my body and mind healing itself. Actually got some sleep last night hopefully this is the start of a trend. The amount of opportunities I have for work has shot up dramatically even though it has only been a bit over a month. Apparently when you don't look like the walking dead more people are interested in you. I was very good at my job even with the massive handicap of substance abuse. Would never use at or before working but was extremely tough to get up in the morning. Taking long walks and working through my issues as i breakdown my thinking process is taking time and not rushing myself. Learning to deal with emotions instead of running from them and numbing myself I have found to be the most important thing I have found in early sobriety.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Well, I made it through my day off yesterday. I had some running around to do in the morning which kept me busy but the afternoon was just an abyss, so I had planned a little road trip and it worked. I drove out to a state park a few hours away and just walked and walked and walked. Found a bench and pulled out the book which someone gave me at my first meeting on Thursday night. Got home about 8pm exhausted and was asleep by 10. So wonderful to wake up clear headed! I am thankful.

Meeting this afternoon, then I'm not sure. I have to stay out of the house because a rainy Saturday at home with nothing to do used to mean stopping at the liquor store and popping open the first bottle by 2pm.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'm sure I'll be back later :-)
D.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi class,

Day 5 and feeling thoughtful. My third attempt to total abstinence this year. I really hope I get it this time because I am tired of my interruptions of personal growth.

If I live life without AL I know that I will build inner strength. My anziety will decrease..I will sleep better...I will learn to deal with problems without having to comatose myself.

I also hope to eat more healthy ( lose 10 lbs) and start exercising three times a week

How will living sober improve your life?
Old 06-15-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
DJ1

Good morning guess what I overslept this morning finally looks like my sleeping has returned Day 16 next milestone is 21 days
To all our new classmates welcome so good to see you all posting ! The sleepless jittery nights will pass
a lot of us have been doing the yo-yo cycle sober few months then think Oh I can be a social drinker. I have this handled ..... Yea NO. Some people’s brains are not wired like that especially all of us on this site we came here knowing we had a problem!! the first few tries I came on the boards thinking. I’ll get cured & be a Social drinker !! After all these years I know for real that’s not me I have to stay strong day by day & keep strong on my new path What do they say nothing comes easy if it’s worth having !!
Sorry my brain still is in the rambling stages lol
It’s the weekend As I’m reading everyone’s planes I hope you all have a great weekend yep definitely have an exit plan for the wedding !!

Happy Sober weekend all
Old 06-15-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone. I like keeping up with everyone. I feel like the trickiest thing about this thread is that the are so many people I want to respond to, but it's hard to comment on each post.
Please know I read each post and am rooting for each and everyone of you.
New, I'm glad things are starting to smooth out just a little bit.
Grimes, I hope that you are through the worst of detox-- it's horrible. My first few days I didn't know if I'd make it. It gets better! I'm just at day 11, but the difference between today and a week ago is amazing. Stick with it.
Ready, I'm happy you're here. Glad you've decided to check in more.
And to everyone else, keep keeping on! We can do this together!
Old 06-15-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post

And
Old 06-15-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
no now dont think i need the er, think im through the toughest part of the detox. now just need to work on the hardest part dee.
With love and respect, s ~ I worry that you just extend the withdrawal process when you do it this way. Every time you have another drink, your body needs a good five days to fully get the alcohol out....I know it's scary, withdrawal can be awful. I know it was for me.

Honestly, if I was in that position again, I would call a doctor. Or an ambulance.

Hope you don't mind me saying this...
Sending tons of love and hoping today is a good day for you, and for everyone in this class. s
Old 06-15-2019, 08:03 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Hi June class! Another sober Saturday morning for me. Feels good. I'm not too busy today but will have time to enjoy some lovely weather. I'm preparing lists for rehab, I won't have any outside support so it's really important to me that I bring/ gather anything I might need. I don't even know what's allowed yet but at least if I think I'll need it I'll have it when I get out.

Hoping everyone has a good day!
Old 06-15-2019, 08:22 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Longtime lurker first time poster. Day 1.

Just trying to not drink today.

Last edited by Seattle; 06-15-2019 at 08:26 AM. Reason: New to forum and made a mistake.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Welcome Seattle... s
Old 06-15-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Just trying to not drink today.
Sounds like a good plan! Keep posting and welcome to this fantastic place for recovery!
Old 06-15-2019, 10:42 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Late check in for me today - been running around doing errands and getting my hair done, the usual mundane stuff.
Day 15. Which is great. But, getting antsy! Energy, lots of emotions, feeling like travelling, feeling like quitting my job etc etc. Probably not the best time to start making spontaneous life decisions