Notices

Class of June Part 1 2019

Old 06-13-2019, 03:15 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Great to see everyone doing so well..
I'm closing day 8 and feeling shattered. I'm sleeping well but just don't seem to want to put my head on the pillow at night lol so not too much sleep but still much better than drinking.
Have a shamanic workshop on the weekend so no drinking for me which is fantastic and the last weekend of June is a yoga retreat so not even any access to booze, just have to navigate next weekend.. I think I may have got June in the bag at this rate..but better not get too far ahead of myself yet lol
Old 06-13-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
DJ1

Love reading everyone’s resolve to No more drinking congrats everyone & welcome all our new June peeps !!

So last night I watched Marie kondo on Netflix after it felt so good to go through my closet 3 large bags Ready to donate!! It felt like out with my old booze life in with the new life �� can’t believe how many hours are in a day when you are sober I have waisted 20 + years. If that thought won’t keep me on tracking nothing will Have a great Day. Everyone off for a run

Oops almost forgot Day 14
Old 06-13-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Day 34, came pretty close to using yesterday which would have been a big mistake. I need to slow down a bit again and not bite off more than I can chew. Also have been doing this fasting thing to lose weight only eating in between the hours of 10-8. The combo of that insomnia and strong emotions almost did me in. I need to learn to accept emotions and not block them out or explode but to get through them. Not sure if that relates more to my bpd or my substance abuse. Either way hope everyone has a good sober day!
Old 06-13-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DJ1 View Post
can’t believe how many hours are in a day when you are sober
OMG yes, this exactly. Although I am not at the point yet where I am happy about it. For me it's more like

I feel like I am so restless and anxious and frustrated and, and, and....you know what I mean. I'm still here though. I am 4 days into this and struggling but I'm here.

I don't have any extra money right now but I'm going to try to live up to my name and get out of town for a bit this weekend just to get away from the house. A good long exhausting day trip.

I wish I were a bar drinker instead of an at-home drinker. What am I going to do when I live in my bar so to speak? Thank god I can work long hours. I'm up at 5:30, try not to get home until after 6, and I am usually sleepy by 10 so that makes it a little easier. I know this pace isn't sustainable though and that I won't be able to distract myself forever.

Sorry, just rambling. Have a great day everyone!
D.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:30 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

newbeginning i totally understand the fasting i do it when i give up drinking i know mine is due to my borderline PD due to my eating disorder which comes in hand in hand with BPD.

You are doing so great, just watch urself, i ended up really unwell when gave up for a year many moons ago, so make sure u dont reverse ur emotions in style of destruction ones instead like i do. x

hope everyones day is going ok? had pretty bad day at work and havent had the greatest news either today. nvm that though trying to keep on the positive. i even joined the weekend thread of excuses in this part of forum x
Old 06-13-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! My last drink was actually in May (the 19th) but I'd like to join the June class.
I've managed to quit before but was never ready for recovery. I see that now. I read something in a different post which wasn't directed at me, but made a lot of sense "you aren't in recovery, you took a break from drinking".
I'm going back to rehab and currently on a waiting list with a bed available in a few weeks, but I call every day to see if there is a cancellation or no-show that would allow me in early. No luck so far but I intend to keep it up. At least I have a guaranteed spot coming up. I just need the strength and support to stay sober until then.

June will mark my first full month of sobriety in decades. I will make it!
Old 06-13-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Popping by to say hello and WELCOME to all of the June 19 class. s

Of course I know some of you.....very happy to see your smiling faces.

For anyone who is new ~ joining SR, and choosing sobriety is the best decision I ever made. It will be for you as well. Lean in....there is so much support, understanding and knowledge here.

Onward together. ♥
Old 06-13-2019, 09:01 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
DJ1

Venuscat thank you for the encouragement reading the boards listening to others on the sober life really is a help!

moveingorward stay strong you will be getting all the help soon !! until then keep coming here reading sharing

Erratic Hope you day goes better we got this !

Newbeginning so glad you got through yesterday I read your post my heart sank ! but you stayed strong says a lot

Daytrippin I know how you feel i was a stay home drinker !! I work from home so I have to keep moving working doign jobs keep my mind active !! thats a great idea a day trip I think ill do that this weekend have a great time !
Old 06-13-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hey June class! I'm checking in for day 9. I'm feeling pretty good. My schedule is back to normal and I'm back to work, so I won't be posting as often. I did want to say hi and check in though.

Day, New, Erratic and others that are struggling a bit right now I'm glad we can be here to support one another.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:22 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Karate girl

I'm in! I'm on day 1 and doing okay.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Hi, Strength! Congrats on day 1! Welcome to the group.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:21 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

DJ1 hit the nail on the head when talking about how many hours are in a day. I suddenly can do so much more. The flipside is when I don't feel like doing anything the hours drag on. In these early days especially, when I look at the calendar and say, "Really, I'm only on day 5? It feels like 5 years have gone by."

I'm feeling a little nervous about falling off the wagon in the next few days. I started researching my surgery stuff, and some of the literature says I should be opting for a riskier surgery that has more chance of success. I think my big hesitation is that the one I'm doing has a slight chance (5-10%) that I'll get this bad side effect of constant tingling on one side of my face. But the other one is actual brain surgery.

I'm so confused, and, to be totally honest, really really scared. It's a big decision, and I'm afraid I'll make the wrong one. Frack.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:59 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Oh gosh argi, I don't know the details, but that does sound like a very big decision. Is there any way you could get a second or third opinion? Or have another talk to the surgeon?

Just so well done for not drinking. I know this kind of fear....I have had (still do) a bone tumor in my index finger right hand, had a few surgeries and supposed to have lost the finger by now....via amputation, as the docs wanted. It is scary stuff, all of this.

I hope there is someone you can talk to who can help you decide the best course. xx
Old 06-13-2019, 01:14 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Thanks venuscat, wise words as always. A second opinion would be best. I already agreed to this (I have done extensive research on all of this), but it is definitely not too late to turn back.

If only there wasn't the chance of this side effect (which can be worse than the original condition), I'd proceed with this because it is less risky and can be quite effective. 5–10%...so weird...seems like not much but 10% seems so much more. Wish it were just 5%...

Deep breaths. Thanks for writing. And for understanding...yeah, scary stuff for sure.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Yes.....even if you have agreed to do this and want to go ahead, it still would be beneficial to talk to someone...maybe even a phone counsellor, crisis counselling...just to help calm your thoughts.

And not sure how the percentages work here, but isn't a 10% risk a 90% chance of success? That sounds easier to deal with. xx
Old 06-13-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

rainbowalien......now that is a FANTASTIC username.

Hi. xx
Old 06-13-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Just checking in for day 3 complete. Hope you’re all doing well
Old 06-13-2019, 02:51 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hey, Pete! Congrats on 3 days! Keep it going!
Old 06-13-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Thanks Nadt, keep going yourself to! The hard first week is complete. Bet you feel a million times better
Old 06-13-2019, 04:41 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Yes!! It's amazing what a difference a few days makes!