Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Wasted. Plastered. Stoned. Smashed - Words I used to be - Weekenders 31 May - 03 June 2019

Notices

Wasted. Plastered. Stoned. Smashed - Words I used to be - Weekenders 31 May - 03 June 2019

Old 06-03-2019, 04:17 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Great photo Kaily.
Managed to find pieces and solder up my own fitting. Now the vanity install is where I had expected it to be at Saturday Morning. Aw'welp no worries. it will all get done in time.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Wow Kaily, what a gorgeous photo! What camera did you use?

Anyway, happy Monday everyone! My plans today involve the gym, swimming with the Bonnie Jr #3, teacher supply store (for summer activities to keep #3’s math skills from getting rusty over the summer), and taking a book to the coffee shop. Have a great day!
Old 06-03-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I had a really good meeting with the academia people. We have more in common than I initially thought. Dare I say ... I actually had fun and it involved real people but no alcohol.

Normally I wouldn't even make it to these meetings/lunches even if I had set them up myself, because of hangovers, shame, guilt, no energy. So today was really good.

I did get cravings on the train back home. Guess everytime I do something that previously always involved alcohol will be a craving trigger.

Since the people are experts in something I'm planning to do, it's great to have them in my corner, so I can ask for guidance. And yet, there's none of the bureaucracy involved. Excellent combination and a positive outcome for the day
Old 06-03-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Tons of awesome stuff on the thread this weekend! Dogs, Greek food fests, and beautiful photos!

I'm glad everyone seemed to get along well this weekend. Mariposa, really glad you took some time to relax and did some things you enjoyed. Also glad you didn't drink. It sounds like life for you is super tough right now but despite the emotional roller coaster you are getting through it like a champion.

Leigh, late to the party but I'm also glad your surgery went well and that your vision has improved.

Bim, to answer a question from Friday or Saturday (lol) our gorilla isn't Moke, but Frankie. He's on all our maps and the face of the zoo this summer.

kk, glad your academia is going well! I also find that all my usual drinking activities were triggers and still can be. Still haven't touched video games since I quit because I'm afraid of the craving it will cause. Will tackle that soon hopefully. But you seem to be handling everything with a level head, so I'm glad it's been a positive thing so far.

Happy Monday. I went to bed way too late last night because I was doing my nails again for three hours....lol. They turned out really well so not too mad about it. Also! The friend I reconnected with has been going well. Things probably won't ever be the same, but I really missed him in my life so it's good to be chatting again. I have the interview for the zoo promotion Wednesday and I'm not really nervous about it.

I've been having weird, one off cravings that sort of float by in my head quietly, like "what if you just went and bought some wine tonight..." and they stick there for a little bit. I've kind of taken to just laughing at them and saying a firm no and moving on. Just weird though. Maybe cuz it's summer, and I used to get lit like every night cuz the weather was nice and it "made sense" to drink when it's nice out. Alcoholic logic.

It's a rare beautiful day here so I'm going to try and go for a walk later. Thanks everyone as always for being here. I really enjoy the little details about your happenings in life.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Oh, wow. That baby gorilla was born in front of the public, on exhibit! That's amazing.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:55 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Mr

Yikes picked up a cold this weekend in the hills.
Took out the neilmed bottle (the Bim bottle) and cooked up a Saline solution after coming home from work. Seems to have relieved the head a bit anyway...

Goodnight weekenders
Old 06-03-2019, 10:09 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Took out the neilmed bottle (the Bim bottle) and cooked up a Saline solution after coming home from work. Seems to have relieved the head a bit anyway...

Goodnight weekenders

When I use it for a cold I use it three to five times per day. I hope you feel better!
Old 06-03-2019, 10:30 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
saoutchik

What a great pic Kaily, maybe do a bit of online research about your car repair to make sure you're not being overcharged.

Bad luck VMan, I hope solution works.

On my way home this evening I went to the supermarket where I buy oatmilk. They didn't have any in the designated space but it's got a much longer shelf life than cowmilk so I asked one of the employees. The conversation went like this:-

Me "Do you have any oatmilk?"

Employee "oakmilk? What's that?"

Me "no OATmilk"

Employee speaks to co-worker
Co-worker "Goat milk? we have sold out!"

Me "OK, thanks"

I went elsewhere.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Thank you dpac, I’m still in grumpy bear 🐻 mode. Hopefully it will lift and so will this weight.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
Thank you dpac, I’m still in grumpy bear 🐻 mode. Hopefully it will lift and so will this weight.
hope you feel better mariposa. here's a friendly bear to cheer you up:

Old 06-03-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Good one, Sao!

This Song about similar 'Logic' popped into my Head after reading your Oatmilk shopping account.

~ 'Yes, We Have No Bananas' ~ Louis Prima ~

More Flotsam & Jetsam below on the local Beach.

2 Trailers of truly obnoxious, noisy Drunks just hit the Road from spaces across from us, so Life Is All Mo Bettah now. They were warned by RV Park Management to knock it off after I had a chat yesterday with said Management. I stayed busy doing Laundry, and replacing a dodgy Waste Hose Fitting [took only Minutes].

Their 'illuminating', high-Decibel discussion yesterday was whether one Drunk was *just* really drunk last Saturday Night, or whether he was an Alcoholic. A question that, if you have to ask, you already know the answer to.

We also hit a fab Farmer's Market on Community Open Space adjacent. Stocked up on fantastic Bread. Antipasto. Fresh Veg. AND, killer Chocolate on Taffy. MesaMate snagged an artsy Lapis Necklace.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Just got caught up on the excellent weekend news from everyone. Sorry you are having a bad time right now, mariposa. I hope things look up soon.

I was a grown-up today and went and had my physical. Got some "jabs." Got some routine lab work done. Endured the torture of the mammogram. Got a prescription for Chantix so maybe I can finally quit smoking. My way of quitting has not been working (I have tried just about everything) so I asked for help. Much like I did when I quit drinking.

Finally did make it out kayaking on Saturday. It was fantastic. There is absolutely nothing not to like about it.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

great piic, m.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Yay, MLD! Finally out on the water.

The most important part? Didja catch a fish?

I just remembered LBrain. Anyone still in contact with him? He was into fishing.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

We decided not to add fishing to the mix just yet. We still need to get anchors, for one thing. Since man friend has never been in a kayak before, we thought it was wise to just paddle around.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Kaily and MLD - great photos! Thank you!

Feel better, Vman and mariposa.

Another Sober Weekend under our belts, Weekenders. Not too shabby nope, not too shabby at all.

Lots of love to all.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I'm in if that's cool

Hi everyone am really struggling am new to chating online about addiction this day 8 sober
Old 06-03-2019, 05:22 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Welcome, Sass!
Old 06-03-2019, 07:14 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hi Sass, welcome to weekenders.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post

Goodnight weekenders
I have a Nelipot, I mean Bimpot.