Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Wasted. Plastered. Stoned. Smashed - Words I used to be - Weekenders 31 May - 03 June 2019

Notices

Wasted. Plastered. Stoned. Smashed - Words I used to be - Weekenders 31 May - 03 June 2019

Old 05-31-2019, 09:57 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.
Courage to you for dealing with the emotions Mariposa.
Congratulations WeThinkNot !

Captain Haddock, it's been a while, I hope that everything is going well for you

Have a great day weekenders
Old 05-31-2019, 11:27 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Mimosa is a handsome looking chap.

Good too see you LoveHateWine.

I have been on a dairy free diet for a week to see if it makes a difference to my arthritis but I've just blown it with these. Oh well, start again tomorrow. It was worth it but I wish they had not sprinkled chillie over the eggs, it is too early in the morning for that. £7.95 including the coffee is good value by London standards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190601_073025.jpg (32.2 KB, 68 views)
Old 06-01-2019, 12:36 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I have been on a dairy free diet for a week to see if it makes a difference to my arthritis but I've just blown it with these.
why? are they cows' eggs?
Old 06-01-2019, 01:09 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

They look yummy, sao!
Old 06-01-2019, 02:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm still amazed to wake up hangover free on every Saturday ! ☼

Have a good day Weekenders!
Old 06-01-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good Morning, Weekenders.

It's early Saturday morning and this is the earliest I have been awake on a Saturday in a while. And yes, Canadian Koala, it is indeed wonderful to wake up on a Saturday morning hangover free.

Sao - I have been doing dairy free, too as it is supposed to help with inflammation and arthritis joint pain. I found it made a tremendous difference, for me with congestion as well as joint pain. It's been about 30 days now. I also had my cheat day last weekend with a cream filled powdered donut. I think you will find it very helpful. On that note, I have never seen eggs like that before. What kind are they? And how are they cooked? They sure don't look like scrambled!

dpac - your cat is beautiful. The picture reminded me of when I was 7 or 8 years old. I always wanted a Siamese cat and begged my parents for one. I always loved the beige and dark brown coloring with the blue eyes. My mother did not want me to have one for some reason, but reluctantly agreed. Well, my Dad knew of someone at work who had a Siamese cat who was expecting a litter and so he committed to buying one of the kittens sight unseen before birth. We finally got the call that the kitties were ready to leave their mother and I was over the moon with excitement. When we got to the persons house, ALL of the kitties were completely black. I remember being so disappointed, but I wanted one so bad, I picked out a kitty and called it Frisky. Frisky was a good pet until we moved away about 5 years later and the day we arrived at our new house some 350 miles away, she disappeared. I remember my grandmother telling me that she probably tried to find her way back home and that I should have put butter on her paws to make her stay. LOL! I guess that is an old wives tale. I wish I were home often enough to have a pet as I would get a Siamese cat for sure. Maybe when I retire!

Anyway, I have a pilates class this morning and then I don't know know what I am going to get into. I have some work to catch up on and so guess I will get that done. Just got a weather alert on my phone that we are expecting rain for awhile, so that might be a good time to do it.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

These are poached eggs, right?
Old 06-01-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning, up way before the alarm again on Saturday. I think those eggs are soft boiled?

I stayed on my couch all night last night, just trying not to think. Watching Netflix. It’s amazing how emotions control me physically. If I’m happy I have energy, but yesterday’s sadness, resentment, frustration I was barely able to leave the couch. This morning I’m going to yoga, after coffee. I have AV talking to me, go to the beach, get a room on the island and drink so much I forget everything. We know that will solve nothing, leaving me with way less money and fuel my depression. I’m in survival mode again, day 62.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Quiet and sober Saturday morning. Never gets old. Big breakfast and probably the beach later. Have a great day weekenders.

dpac414, are you by any chance talking about the gorilla baby Moke who just turned one?

...and sao, I'm with andyh - there's no dairy in poached eggs with avocado on toast. Now that coffee - - - I'd have milk in that.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

I’ve been to a wheelbarrow fayre where people make miniature gardens in them! There was a few stalls and I bought some local honey and some cakes!

Dpac, I love your cat.

I believe the eggs are poached. There’s many different ways of cooking to get the same result. For me, I’ve found Delia Smith the best, but it’s what you prefer.

Mariposa, Day 62, good on you!
Old 06-01-2019, 06:35 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Afternoon, weekenders.

Sao - I've diary free for almost two years by now. Very rarely I sneak an occasional regular cappuccino (when there's no option with coconut or almond milk). Cheese lover as I used to be I thought I would be miserable without it, but no. Again, it's all in my head.

See you.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Morning people! I see a few of you are heading out to exercise. Isn’t that one of the biggest perks of sobriety? No hangovers here!

I’m going to a body pump class. (It’s weight training) I’m just starting to ease back into the workouts I used to do before back surgery, but definitely going easy. Today I’ll be sticking with the baby purple weights.

I’ve been thinking about temporarily giving up dairy for the sake of a diet I’m interested in. Trying to decide if I can do without cheese, but I guess it’s about focusing on what you can have instead of what you can’t. Idk, maybe I can do it.

Anyway, not much going on today. Bonnie Jr. #3 woke up in the night running a fever. She seems fine right now, but we’re going to lie low and take it easy.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:02 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Silly me, yes I have included eggs as dairy - can you tell I am a city boy? In my defence the anti arthritis diet is supposed to exclude eggs as well (there is some sort of fatty acid in them that is bad for joint pain) so it counts as a fail. They were Poached eggs cooked in some kind of plastic ball with holes in. Oh and oatmilk in the coffee, I cannot get on with almond or soya. I really hope that if I can quit all this nice stuff it does make a noticeable difference because it's quite a sacrifice. First world problem.

I hope everyone made it through Friday as CanadianKoala and biminiblue said, hangover free Saturday's are the best.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:18 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou I think the fat in an egg is in the yolk. I recall the white being just protein. I may be wrong but they e not changed much since my running days
You could have a white egg omelette
Old 06-01-2019, 10:32 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It could be worth a go Mags, I am fond of omelettes.

Well done on not eating any dairy for two years MidnightBlue, that is a big deal.

I am having a bit of World Cup deja-vu. My friends have been in a City square since about 4pm enjoying the sunshine and no doubt drinking some beers. I will go and join them just before the kick off. They are waiting for the European Champions League final (soccer) which this year is between two english clubs, Liverpool and some other team who's name I have strangely forgotten*. Fortunately it is quite a big square so hopefully there will not be too many drunk, shouty people.

* I support Arsenal
Old 06-01-2019, 10:56 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Mr

Before modern crampons these were all the rage for walking on ice and the glaciers...
Goodnight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190601_195547_290.jpg (27.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-01-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

7 months today!

Mags yes like you I am very sensitive to anything animal related, nature programmes are a definite no no.
Honey and cakes, now that sounds like my kinda diet.

To all those giving up dairy or dairy and eggs well done. My eating habits have been worse since I stopped drinking ... I now have a sugar voice as well as an av!

I'm not a football fan saoutchik but I can't help to be a little interested, not that its on any of the tv channels I have. Hope you enjoy yourself and may the best team win

Hope your little one is ok Bonnie.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Greetings, Weekenders, newcomers and o.d-timers alike.

Surgery is now complete on my other eye; having some light rippling asI did on the other eye but my new vision is way beyond my expectations. So pleased. I will, however, be seeing my opthalmologist very regularly as a dark spot in one eye has been identified as a potential serious concern. I am focusing on the word ‘potential” and staying as positive as possible.

A very good weekend to all. We can do this soberly - let’s go!
Old 06-01-2019, 12:22 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Happy Weekend forever Weekenders😀

https://youtu.be/wAF1VcFFJAE
Old 06-01-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

meanwhile