Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Wasted. Plastered. Stoned. Smashed - Words I used to be - Weekenders 31 May - 03 June 2019

Notices

Wasted. Plastered. Stoned. Smashed - Words I used to be - Weekenders 31 May - 03 June 2019

Old 05-30-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome Jen
Old 05-30-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

on the train on the way home listening to the World Cup* on the radio, all is good.

* cricket version
Old 05-30-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Jeni and Delia, good to see you

Hi Kaily, sorry if I startled you! All’s well

Just got home from my sisters and bil. We went out for lunch, spent a nice few hours. Traffic was busy on the motorway though. Still wishing there was ‘Beam me up Scottie’.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
saoutchik

IN!

Welcome to Weekenders Jeni26!

Congratulations on shotgun kk.

The further north you go in Britain the more words there are describing a state of intoxication. In Scotland there are hundreds of words for drunk.

Great pic VMan, is that the Pyrenees?

Talking of cricket I hope you are well CaptainHaddock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190530_173555.jpg (17.5 KB, 62 views)
Old 05-30-2019, 09:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Talking of cricket I hope you are well CaptainHaddock.
his team have stitched him up like a kipper though
Old 05-30-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I went out for a walk and wanted to get a random nature pic ... if you like ladybirds

Old 05-30-2019, 10:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, what’s on the other leaf to the right of the two ladybirds? Is it a beetle or a young ladybird. I’m not sure
Old 05-30-2019, 10:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Kaily, what’s on the other leaf to the right of the two ladybirds? Is it a beetle or a young ladybird. I’m not sure
It's a ninjaladybird - clear as night.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am in!
I have zero chance of relapse this weekend but can't let an opportunity for support to pass by!
My weekend will be painting and installing doors in a house we are flipping. Should be busy.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Apri, good to see you! Sounds like you’re going to be busy this weekend.

kk, I really believed you for a minute! Ninja lady bird!
Old 05-30-2019, 10:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Chairman Sao is on it ~

One of the many terms I heard in Scotland - and emulated - was 'Legless'. I pulled a couple of Headers where I went down Legless. Hard. One was in a rented RV right here on the CA Coast <10 Years ago. I was sleeping up over the Driving Seats, and attempted to clamber down the nearly-vertical Ship's Ladder. Slipped. Gashed my Leg open on the dull edge of a Dinette Seat Back. With Blood thinned by Alcohol, I damned near bled out in the dark. I couldn't figure out what my Feet were sticking to. It was a Family Pizza-sized Pool of Blood. Got it cleaned up and rinsed off w/o passing out from Blood loss. Ya can't sweat what you're too bent to comprehend. Went on Drinking for a more few Years.

In stark contrast, I was ~13' up - Sober - on the Trailer Roof all of yesterday. A Tree Limb I never saw 5 Days ago just about took out my 2 massive Solar Panels. Amazingly, they survived unscathed. The Conduit Pipe I mounted them on horizontally - attached to the Roof Luggage Rack - bent significantly, and absorbed the shock. Spent 4 Nights ago in a Big Box Hardware Store Parking Lot to get parts: 2 - Conduit Pipes for ~$12- total. Oh, and an uber-trick folding Aluminum Ladder for ~$130-. An absolutely-nutso scene on that Holiday Monday. Got the Solar Panels re-installed late yesterday here at our Campsite, so we have Battery-based Solar Power again for ongoing Beach Life. We had Solar Power being generated from the wonky-bent Panels, but it was not safe to tow until repair.

Besides Hardware Store Security checking up on me - as expected - and pulling off this major RV Road Repair, Sobriety has to be my default state. Otherwise, all this fun is history. Simple choices make for easy choices. Oh, and towing this stretch of Highway 1 seen below through Big Sur while dodging Rock Walls and gawking Flatland Drivers was extremely daunting. Tow Safe [in the Rain, to boot] Or Tow Home.

After some quality Shore time this Afternoon, up the Coast ~140 Miles we go tomorrow for a Week in bitchen Weather!

Old 05-30-2019, 11:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
According to google it is a Adult twicestabbed lady beetle, Chilocorus stigma

I would also like to add that I am pleased your not plastered.

kk I did actually look up ninjaladybird to see if you were right...lol

Beautiful picture MesaMan.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I will stick to ninjaladybird - I don't want any ladybirds stabbed once, let alone twice.

Anyways, I'm having a bad humour Thursday tonight.

My next nature expedition will be to Ireland, where I plan to capture wild Leprechauns. Then transport them back to the North with me to see if the colder weather will turn them into Christmas dwarves because of the chlorophyll breakdown.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I’m going to have to stay close to the forum for a bit. I’m coming up on 5 months but am starting to feel myself running out of steam and wishing I could drink.

Anyway, my weekend plans involve swimming/flailing around in the pool at my gym, going for a bike ride, taking Bonnie Jr. #3 skating, and a workout class. For some reason all my “stay sober” plans involve getting physically tired. Except for reading, I will spend some time reading this weekend.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:16 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Magsie

Mesa, beautiful photo, i feel I could just walk into it. I’m pleased your solar panels weren’t damaged and you got the conduit pipes needed. I agree, all that fun is not possible inebriated. Have a good journey home tomorrow.

Thanks Kaily.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Bonniefloyd, good to see you! Sounds like a busy weekend for you.
Our av will try anything to get us drinking. Exercise sounds a good distraction.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Bonnie
Old 05-30-2019, 12:43 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I just found a 92 EUR roundtrip to Milan :O

The adventurer in me was like: "So, what are we taking along?"
Old 05-30-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Nice photos!

Thanks Mags. My AV is being an a-hole lately. And just when I thought I had heard the last from him. (My AV is a dude who doesn’t handle rejection well.)

Hi Kaily! So good to see you. How are the pups? Are you still walking a lot? I’ve been trying to do more indoor exercises because it’s hot AF in Houston right now.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I’m in for the weekend, just one more day of work. It will be my last day on my temporary assignment and I’m worried without work, I’ll fall back into the mess I was in. I need to find something FAST. I need money, structure, responsibility and routine or I’m afraid I’ll fall apart and undo all the progress I made.