Notices

4 days in

Old 05-27-2019, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days in

This is my first post.. after pretending to myself I'm not addicted to crack I've realised that I have been lying to myself and I am an addict. I thought it had it all under control but I didn't.. For the past year I've been existing and not living. I've done some really bad things which I have to take responsibility for and stop blaming other people or using situations to justify taking drugs.
i reached rock bottom last Friday and have not used since. I've had to talk myself out of going to buy a few times and I'm four days in. My head is starting to have some clarity for the first time in a long time and I have been thinking about things I don't want to think about. I have some tough choices ahead of me.
I am reaching out for support for my addiction for the first time I'm scared and lonely as I know that to move forward with my life I need to change the way I live and the people I know.
I'm so lonely it hurts
Old 05-27-2019, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No need to feel lonely now you've joined us here, Violet. Welcome and well done for making a great decision to change your life for the better. It will be hard to start but it will get easier one day at a time.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im a few weeks in with opiates and feeling pretty bad about things myself, ive been through it a few times. This has to be the last.
Losing friends is tough i lost contact with most of mine when i stopped drinking but in the end we had nothing in common apart from the booze, sorry your feeling so lonely do you have no family you can stay with?
Old 05-27-2019, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, Violet - I'm so glad you found us & decided to post.

I felt all alone until I began posting here. I never knew there could be so many people who understood exactly how I was feeling. You'll have a whole new life - you've made a great decision.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Violet-great to have you here.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You'll get lots of support here Violet. Stay strong!
Old 05-27-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forums it is a great place for support. I was mostly a very heavy coke user but have smoked crack as well. Coke/crack is a crappy drug very expensive and always leads down the path of feeling shaky paranoid and awful. After the first few lines or hits just really goes downhill fast as sure you know. Every time I drink i almost always get coke as alcohol makes the body crave the drug and two are very linked. While many question if drinking in moderation is better than giving up completely don't think I have heard anyone question whether giving up crack was a good idea. It is a hard thing to quit but at the same time don't have that thing in back of head like alcohol ok lets just take a few hits! At least that is my experience welcome to this great site!