Notices

Butt Of All The Jokes

Old 05-24-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Butt Of All The Jokes

At work.

Hey, let's talk about TWTOM, he's an alcoholic. Did you know that idiot was drunk texting me? HAHAHAHA. The only reason he has a job here is because his dad works here. He's quit twice now to go do something else and came back because he failed at it. "When he was drunk, he told me he was trying to be a day trader. Must not have worked out, HAHAHAHAHA."

Now you know one of the many reasons I call myself a worthless loser. I'm stuck, and I'll always be stuck. Sober or not.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That’s hard, and I’m glad you posted.

Drinking won’t help it.

Keep going.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So get a different job and be that Sober Guy at the new job.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're stuck because you think you're stuck, and you feel bad about yourself because your mind is unable to get past... something.

You lost money day trading. So what! Five-year-olds in India are picking over mounds of the most disgusting garbage you can imagine hoping to find a scrap of metal so they can eat some gruel today.

Your co-workers don't respect you. Fine. Do a great job and earn their respect, or get a new job.

Your mind is stuck in a loop. It's time to break that loop. It may sound hokey, but your thoughts and words have incredible power. Instead of saying, "I'm a loser" start saying, "I'm a winner." Instead of dwelling on your "failures" (hey, at least you tried!) learn from them and resolve to succeed.

Maybe you keep failing because you keep giving in to your lizard brain and drinking and letting it pull you down. Maybe your lizard brain is trying to pull you down so you'll feed it the poison it wants to feel good. I don't know, but I do know this: self-defeating thought patterns are absolutely a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Start creating positive thoughts and words, even if it feels weird at first. Those little subroutines (ie, "I'm a loser") are powerful and run the show. The good news is that they're easy to change. All you have to do is say, "I'm a winner. I'm a success" over and over and over again, and it will be so.

Good luck.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Keep it simple, today. This was the experience others shared with me when I quit drinking. The problem centers in the mind, not the body.

Getting out of oneself, helping others is therapeutic and worthwhile. Focusing on solutions and not problems was big key in recovery for me.

You are not unique or alone. You're on the island of mirrors. Look around, you'll see yourself all over this place. Good job on staying sober, today - Winner!
Old 05-24-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post I'm not that Guy.

It's really up to you, TWTOM....and thinking about your user name just now, my thought is you CAN make any of those things you think - or, truly less importantly but def emotionally hurtful!) what anyone else says the Old You.

I had reputation and credibility rebuilding!! Big time and it essentially takes a focus just on me, what I could change and be like, and either a) giving those who remained significant in my life time to see this August b) not spending time and learning to ignore mental space ANYONE who didn't want to get to know me could occupy and c) keep going.

One thing I absolutely HATED was people telling me I was playing the victim. But like you are now, I was. As one of our friends here likes to say, "no one was coming to save me." I had to start by wanting to save myself- and take the support others gave me as I went.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm not a victim. I deserve it.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You really don't. No one does.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
totfit

It might be a letdown, but folks really don't think too much about us one way or the other at any given time. We just aren't that important to them as they are thinking about their own lives. We are all just human "beans" muddling through life trying to make the best of things. We can't change past behaviors. All we can do is be the best we can be right now and plan for future events.....just like everyone else. We are not better or worse....we just are.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
I'm not a victim. I deserve it.
So prove it to yourself that you aren't a victim then. Wallowing in self pity about what other people say about you won't help.

Chose one positive thing you can do today to change your life and do it. Then do another one tomorrow. You'll be surprised how quickly it all adds up.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dude, I feel ya and I'm not invalidating your feelings whatsoever. I too have been extremely frustrated with America and capitalism because the system is flawed.

But you have to do something to help yourself. Because what else is there? You don't have to feel so terrible. You really don't. There are options. You can say there aren't, but it's not true.

You don't have to feel like this.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Now I find out I get to work my *** off every day just to give my wages to medical providers.

Murica.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just keep piling it on. No wonder people cant stop relapsing
Old 05-24-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

so were those voices thereinyourhead or real?

Start from there.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

.....sounds to me you want to stay stuck?
Old 05-24-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
Just keep piling it on. No wonder people cant stop relapsing
Catch 22--be supportive and we're full of crap for being positive.

Offer constructive feedback and suggestions, and we're piling it on.

It seems you are building your identity around suffering.
That's your choice, but you can make other choices.

I did the same thing for years.
I'm sorry you are hurting. For me, my pain came out as anger towards others and self-loathing.

If it worked, I'd say go for it, but really it only makes the problems that much worse.

I hope you can find some peace and begin to see that you are a person of worth and that you matter. Because you do.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I mean I've paid quite a few taxes toward waging wars around the world in my lifetime. Maybe we can redistribute some of that money to pay off my medical bills
Old 05-24-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ya know, if you think living in 'Murica is part of your problem then move, give Venezuela, Mexico, North Korea or China a try .
Old 05-24-2019, 08:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I was waiting for the "then why don't yew just giitttt out" response.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

JScatt, that is really not helpful in the least.