Notices

Blacked Out Bride

Old 05-22-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
Hi,
im recently married and while I did not blackout, my wedding didn’t go well and I look huge and bloated in my photos. My beer belly completely rebelled against my spanx. I have a solution for it. I’m 51 days sober today. I am working out and dieting, saving money, trying to rebuild my marriage. Once I get in great shape, and save up enough, I am going to put that size 4 dress on again. I’m going to hire a photographer to take the “real” wedding photos. We are going away on a healthy honeymoon packed with healthy activities, snorkeling, kayaking and I will look at my wedding as just the paperwork part of it all. It may take many more months but it will be worth it. I’d consider having a sober anniversary and redeem yourself from the drunken wedding night. I was so nervous too, and literally not sure if I could go through with the wedding and almost canceled. So I drank tons to try to get past my nerves, it didn’t make anything better. Either way, the future has so much possibility and a photographer can make it look all new.
Thank you for sharing this. All the best on your new adventure! Get that size 4 and vacation girl!

I love the idea of a redo. I hope it's a joyful event for you!! I was so out of my element I "remember" asking someone to ask the DJ to cut the reception early. I say remember loosely because the day after everything seemed great, and weeks after I started having glimpses of bad memories. I still haven't been able to confirm the worst of it and I don't know how many people have to tell me everything was fine for me to believe it.