Notices

Success stories from chronic relapsers?

Old 05-20-2019, 01:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-my-story.html (PhoenixJ- My Story)

Each relapse, even after my above story for a few months- got worse and I was literally dying of malnutrition

My support and prayers to you.
I read your story. You are a truly remarkable human being. I'm so glad you are here to help others.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is good

Bump. There is hope.

One day at a time.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just a quick rundown...9 arrest all of which were alcohol related as I've never been to jail sober. Detox, countless hospital stays, psych ward, 40 days at inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, AA, sober living, jail all of which over years worked for a brief period of time.

Currently been sober since mid July, and I don't want to ever drink again. Just rethinking all of those times cleaning up drunken wreckage makes me cringe. I'm still dealing with my last bender from July in more ways than 1. I can't even comprehend the thought or idea of drinking again. I know that I can only be sober for today, but the way I feel deep down I don't ever want to relive those nightmares.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

For me it was a constant battle with who? Myself . I was m y worst enemy. Hey us b oozers like to blame anything and everything to justify getting boozed. Pretty pathetic. As I look back 211 days ago. I just say thank God litterly for not living in the vortex of addiction any longer. You my friend can also feel that peace as well. Come join me.us on this journey. ✌
Old 12-01-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well this is nice. Check out one of the OP's more recent threads. She's got 6 months!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-6-months.html (6 Months!!!!)
Old 12-01-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

4 rehab stays, numerous trips to ER for banana bag. Last ER visit put on psych hold and strapped down for 5 days. BAC was so high they were surprised I was still alive. I only weighed 106 lbs and was so very gaunt.

Happily celebrated 3 years two weeks ago!
Old 12-01-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
Well this is nice. Check out one of the OP's more recent threads. She's got 6 months!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-6-months.html (6 Months!!!!)
Indeed she has
Congrats again LLG

D
Old 12-02-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

chronic relapser here

I knew something was wrong for years. I kept a calendar, and would track sober days. Usually 5 or 6 and I would relapse. Hitting 30 days was a huge achievement. This went on for a long long time. At the end of the year, I would total up the sober days. If it was over half, the year was positive for me. 17 months sober now, and I'm doing better. Keep trying. Trying means there is hope. Don't give up. Best wishes to you in your recovery.